First Deckadance, and now Cross! We got word from Mixvibes early this morning that they’re showing off brand new updates (version 2.3) to their Cross and Cross DJ softwares. The updates include advanced HID integration for Pioneer CDJ products in both of the softwares. This means that users of the full line of HID-compatable Pioneer CDJs will be able to walk right into a club and plug directly into a Pioneer setup without a sound card and mix directly from their install of Cross.
The 2.3 update includes a number of additional features, including a Slip mode within the software! Here’s the words straight from the press release:
– Full control of the CDJ, plus extras (smart seek, call locators).
– Works with the entire Pioneer CDJ range (2000 nexus, 2000, 900, 850, 400 and 350).
– Easy setup : 2 USB cables and 1 laptop – no soundcard required.
– Adding the Video Plug-in, Cross turns the CDJ into a powerful audio/video player.
Also in this update and in CrossDJ 2.3:
– Slip mode : keep your groove when scratching, looping or using locators. – Start/Brake time settings
– Loop Out adjust
– “Halve Loop” and “Double Loop” commands
– 1/3 and 3/4 loop-lengths in autoloops.
– Handling of non-standard 14-bits MIDI controllers.