Serato DJ 1.3: FX Expansion Packs, Twitch + VCI-300 Support
Serato is releasing a brand new version of Serato DJ, 1.3 – and it’s got more that we were expecting. The new iteration of the software allows users to purchase, download, and install brand new FX expansion packs from iZotope (the design team behind Serato DJs effects).
The version also allows every Serato DJ-compatible controller to use Slip Mode, and includes support for the Novation Twitch, the Vestax VCI-300, and the VFX1 deck controller.
Should be very interesting to see what type of effects packs Serato trots out over the next year – this creates yet another great low-cost revenue stream for them, so it’s likely that we’ll see a bunch.
Care to see the whole feature list from the press release? See below:
SERATO DJ FX EXPANSION PACKS
• Serato DJ 1.3.0 comes with two brand new FX Expansion Packs, containing new FX powered by iZotope.
• The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, which is available to purchase for USD19.
• Expansion Packs can be purchased / activated in-app within the Serato DJ ‘Online’ window, or from the Serato Online Store.
• Each new FX Expansion Pack comes loaded with several base FX for use in Single FX Mode, plus, a large number of base FX variations for use in Multi FX Mode.
• Favorite FX allows you to customize the FX select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
• Maintain your growing FX list, and easily Add / Remove FX to your favorites list to suit your own performance needs.
SLIP MODE FOR ALL SUPPORTED CONTROLLERS
• With Serato DJ 1.3.0 anyone using a supported Serato DJ controller will now be able to use Slip Mode.
• When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g Scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc) however, once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio.
• Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
SUPPORT FOR NOVATION TWITCH & VESTAX VCI-300 + VFX1
• Novation Twitch and Vestax VCI-300 controllers are of?cially supported with a Free Upgrade to Serato DJ 1.3.0.
• The VFX1 FX add on controller is also of?cially supported with Serato DJ 1.3.0 and can be used with any supported Serato DJ controller.
• To learn how these controllers are mapped to Serato DJ, please view their new QuickStart Guides at serato.com/dj/support
• Serato DJ 1.3.0 also supports the following Serato DJ Intro controllers as a paid upgrade: Numark Mixtrack Pro, Mixtrack Pro II, Mixdeck, Mixdeck Express, N4, Pioneer DDJ-ERGO, DDJ-WeGO1, Reloop TM2, Reloop TM4, Vestax VCI-400, Vestax Typhoon and Denon MC2000 controllers.
• Users of these controllers also have the option to activate a Free 14 Day Trial and unlock the fully functional software to take advantage of all the advanced features it has to offer. Easy to activate within the software, just download Serato DJ 1.3.0 and follow the instructions in-app.