mixtrack pro mapping - getting touch wheels to work properly
    Tech Student

Default mixtrack pro mapping - getting touch wheels to work properly

hey guys,

I'm using the basic mixtrack mapping for traktor pro with a couple of changes for a bit of added functionality - pitch bend buttons have been mapped to select which effects unit is on for each deck (ie. - means unit 1, + unit 2 on respective decks), and eq kills have been rightfully changed to hot cues (I had some issues gettin the mixtrack pro to work easily so I basically used the tsi for the mixtrack and modified it).

This works pretty well for me, but theres one thing I can't figure out how to do. In virtual dj, as soon as you held the touch wheel, the music would stop, and remain stopped until you physically let go. Right now in traktor pro, if you touch it and scratch while the music is playing, the music automatically starts playing again as soon as any motion of the touch wheel is stopped even if you are still touching it.

The relative assignments are (for example):
    Scratch on - type:button - mode:hold - mapped to: ch01.note.f#5
    Jog Scratch + Tempo Bend - type: encoder - interaction mode:relative - mapped to: ch01.CC.024

My understanding is that when you touch the jogs, it triggers the first command, and when you begin to move it, the second command is triggered, thus ending the hold mode of the first command.

I'm at wits end on how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Student

Figured out how to get the proper functionality!
    Too complicated to explain here but needless to say, I know way too much about how Traktor programmers implemented touch wheel functionality.

Anyway, I'm uploading the mapping, one consequence is that I ran out of modifiers so there is no way to turn off the scratch functionality. Other than that, your basic mixtrack pro mapping.

Tech Student

I have the same exact problem my friend...Thanks for the tsi file,i'm going to check it ;-)

Tech Convert

hey man i like what u did, but when you stop spinning the platter the track starts playing again. i had a go at this problem myself. check out the tsi i made http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28886

its still not perfect, mayb we can work together to get perfect jog functionality

Tech Student

Loving this mapping, but i seem to be having a problem. Everything works fine except the play/pause button! I can't seem to get it to work, although cue/stutter work fine. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Cheers