Numark Mixtracks LED to work correctly like Piooner?

Default Numark Mixtracks LED to work correctly like Piooner?

Hello, I'm a totally beginner to all this, just so you know.

I've just bought a Numark Mixtrack, and I have Tracktor Pro. I have read a little bit about .tsi's, and how I can map my controller.

I've seen some of the Piooneer, and the Play and Cue button's LED seems to be flashing sometimes and just straight on at other point. My controller doesn't flash, ever.

So I would like to hear, how does the Pioneers work? Are they always flashing (blinking) when they're arent active, and just straight on when active?

Also, is there a function I can tie my sync button to, that starts the current track from the beginning?

Last thing, is there and easier way than using the jog wheel to search in the song? It just takes forever using it, so if there was some kind of search function or such, it would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ibeatd0nks View Post
    Hello, I'm a totally beginner to all this, just so you know.

I've just bought a Numark Mixtrack, and I have Tracktor Pro. I have read a little bit about .tsi's, and how I can map my controller.

I've seen some of the Piooneer, and the Play and Cue button's LED seems to be flashing sometimes and just straight on at other point. My controller doesn't flash, ever.

So I would like to hear, how does the Pioneers work? Are they always flashing (blinking) when they're arent active, and just straight on when active?
    I'm not familiar with the Pioneers and exactly what you are referring to, however I do own a Mixtrack and have remapped a few things. And my LEDs seem to be working. I don't recall anything flashing by default.

What exactly do you want to flash? And what info would it convey to you?

Also, is there a function I can tie my sync button to, that starts the current track from the beginning?
    You can remap the Sync button to just be a shift/modifier and then you can create new button combinations using that.

Examples:
    sync+play == Turn sync on/off
    sync+cup == start song from the beginning instead of last cue point.

Last thing, is there and easier way than using the jog wheel to search in the song? It just takes forever using it, so if there was some kind of search function or such, it would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance.
    You can adjust your jogwheel sensitivity in the controller manager.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Paka Ono; 03-19-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Wouldn't it be possible to make it flash like it does in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-XJwPxS7T4

Also, I assume you set the sync as a modifier under "Controller Manager", but what control would you then have to set the CUP as for it to start the song from the beginning?

OK,

First that's Virtual DJ in the video. All it's showing is the different states of your loop. Traktor has a slightly different lighting mechanism. And I'm not sure if there's an option in Traktor to send a flashing signal.

But back to the my original question, why do you need it to flash in the first place? You can get Traktor to send a beat pulse to a button. That's the only flashing signal I know of.

I'm fairly new to Traktor and have only been messing around with it for a couple of months with a Mixtrack and I didn't really see much need in having something flash at me.

I assume you set the sync as a modifier under "Controller Manager", but what control would you then have to set the CUP as for it to start the song from the beginning
    I always set up Hotcue 1 as the beginning of the song. (Something you don't have to do in TP2 I have discovered messing around with my S4) So assuming you set the SYNC button to be modifier 5. You find the CUP input in manager. Add M5=0. Then copy it. Make the copy Hotcue1. Set M5=1

If you want to check out some pre made maps, I posted my most recent map for the Mixtrack, and there are some other good ones in other threads. Jeff O. did most of the work with this 4 deck map. Something I was most thankful for. http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21062