The CryderSteez Setup - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Luconia View Post
    Yay, got these stickers on order already...can't wait!
    Do you use squeegee during installation?
    Squeegee won't work on account of the carbon texture, just go slow and you'll be fine.

Tech Wizard

Did you ever figure out the gig vs home setup dilemma. Im in exactly the same situation with 2 MK2s DDM4000 and MC6000.

My thought was that once the Behringer PL1s come out ill sell the MC6000 and get those but id be losing some functionality doing the swap.

Id swap in the MC6000 but just as you i like a regular mixer experience between the Techs plus it would be a headache to unplug and replug the MC6000 every time i had to take it to a gig.

I think im settling with the idea of just keeping things as i have them. Maybe pick up an X1 to go with the mixer and the 1200s at home and use out when the place has 900s or 2000s.

Unless i can sell the DDM4000 and MC6000 and use the cash to get a sexy VCI400.

Tech Mentor

Yeah sort of, if I have to drag my own sound to a gig I'll usually just borrow my friend's S4 (I sold mine, along with my EGE VCI-400 because I'm just not interested in using a controller with any regularity) but most of the gigs I've had lately have been at established clubs with their own decks and mixers so I just bring an Audio 6 and the X1(highly recommended for control vinyl) though if the club's mixer is beat to hell or just crappy I'll bring my DN-X1600 and plug into that, nobody I play with has a problem with it

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    Squeegee won't work on account of the carbon texture, just go slow and you'll be fine.
    thanks!

yeah, more than a month since this reply i finally managed to get mine done...here it is..
    changed the LEDs to UV purple, now i need a matching purple slipmat to go with it

Tech Mentor

That's the hotness right there, looks like you did a great job! Did you paint the tonearm pivot black or do some come like that? I was thinking about painting min but that was more trouble than I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    That's the hotness right there, looks like you did a great job! Did you paint the tonearm pivot black or do some come like that? I was thinking about painting min but that was more trouble than I wanted.
    Thanks i really put time & effort in this deck [yes, ladies can mod too ], thank goodness i still remember my soldering/electronic skills long after graduated as electronic engineering student..

The pivot is original 1210mk2, it has some minor chips during shipment (hard to see part) but it was fixed using zebra paint marker :P

Tech Mentor

I love the speaker stands could you tell me what parts you used. I want to duplicate for my setup.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydon34 View Post

I love the speaker stands could you tell me what parts you used. I want to duplicate for my setup.
    My first post here, I'm just lurking around mostly, but f*ck I love your setup

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234