My home rig :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My home rig :)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by verko View Post
    Im from Calgary! props to another Albertan, where you buy your gear? im looking for a good source locally.
    Hey Bud! Awesome to hear from another Albertan!

To be honest I haven't bought any of my gear locally, most of it was online - at least all the major stuff. There's only one big music store in Calgary (that I know of) that caries this stuff, and you probably know which one I'm talking about! But then you usually get the best deals online and above a certain limit, free shipping. As always, things are cheaper in the US, but add shipping and any tax and it kind of equals out.

So what kinda music are you into?

Tech Wizard

Mostly EDM, was really into electro/progressive/trance when i started out, as i was a regular at the Warehouse if you know what im talking about lol. Now im getting into more funky/minimal/house, still love the dirty hard stuff though!

Tech Mentor

Sweet setup

Tech Convert

So I've put my mind to it and I want to change the layout so that its more "symmetrical" with the 3 CDJ's up top, the turntables and the mixer on the table and the laptop off to the side somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas or examples of how this would look in an attractive manner if possible? All the professional DJ booths I've seen have 2 CDJ decks and the laptop in between, but having the 3rd deck throws off things a little!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by justlookinghere View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm quite proud of this one, although it has none of the fancy controllers many of you guys have. Everyone here seems to have a Midi Fighter .

Cyberphox sorry about the picture looking dark I just thought it would make it look cool.
    Lol! No prob man! Love the setup!
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850 | Pioneer DJM-600 | Serato Scratch Live 1 | Pioneer HDJ-500 W |

that desk does not do that setup justice...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by justlookinghere View Post
    They're Behringer 2030A that's I've had for almost 10 years, and they're still kicking. At the moment though I'm thinking of selling them and getting the KRK Rokit 8 plus the 10s sub.
    If you get the KRKs, test the 8s before buying the sub too. They are really loud and have a ton of bass. Definitely loud enough on their own for a house party if that was mostly what you'd be using them for.

Also, I'm from AB too (Calgary). Very nice setup, man.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by markage View Post
    If you get the KRKs, test the 8s before buying the sub too. They are really loud and have a ton of bass. Definitely loud enough on their own for a house party if that was mostly what you'd be using them for.

Also, I'm from AB too (Calgary). Very nice setup, man.
    Big thanks bud for the heads up on the KRK's. To be honest, more than parties, most of the time I'm just going to use them for my own mix sessions. I was split between the 6 or the 8's, but I really wanted the sub because I want that "drill through your brain" punch you can only get at a club. Before moving out to beautiful AB there was a club I used to frequent that had the most EPIC Funktion 1 rig, and I can't get over that sound and this is a little vain, but the aesthetics of those blue cabinets. I know Funktion 1 have smaller sized speakers that "might" be suitable for home use, but I'm sure they're crazy expensive, and you need buy a separate amp and processor for them. I know they're not studio monitors but unless you've experienced them first hand (and I also got to swim that sound last summer at Space Ibiza) they're just epic.

Or do you have any other recommendation for monitors? Any would be much appreciated.

On another note though, I'm putting the finishing touches to my new console to house all this gear, decided to build one myself and so far so good! I'll post pics if I'm happy with the end result!

Tech Wizard

Great setup!

Tech Mentor

Love that set-up!

I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm from Edmonton too. I'm in the Middleast right now, but I come home once a month.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast