Modifiers Help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modifiers Help!

Tech Convert

No, as I said previously, quite often the dry wet was previously used on that knob so the value isn't at 0 when I go to use it again...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That's what I was trying to get at.

Drag the virtual FX knob to zero with that effect loaded and hit the snapshot button. In theory that should have the knob always be zero when that effect is brought up.

Would you be able to add a button into this whole thing or are you trying as hard as possible to just use that one knob?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I'd prefer to just use the single knob.

Wait wait... I'm getting confused and I want to make sure this can make sense to me.

There are two knobs. The hardware knob on your controller and the software knob on your software.

You don't use the hardware knob for anything other than this effect, correct?

The software knob will have different effects routed to it, though. So that knob will be at a different value than the hardware knob. Now, as far as I know, when you turn the hardware knob without soft takeover on, the software knob should instantly jump to the value of the hardware knob.

Now, if it's your hardware knob your using and not the software knob that's a different story. Is this helping at all? Modifiers aren't something you use here unless you would use different things with that hardware knob.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

OK, I get that I don't require a modifier.

However, my problem still remains...

If I have the knob set to relative then yes when I use it it will take on the value of the software.

However, that's not what I want.

I'll try to explain in more detail:

Say I use knob 1, which controls an effect in FX1. Now I use this effect and the midi value (ranging from 0-127) is say 50.

I then use knob 2, which controls a different effect, but in the same slot that knob 1 controlled. The midi value of this is irrelevant.

Now, when I go back to knob 1, the original effect is once again loaded, and: if I have it set to Direct, will revert back to whatever a midi value of 50 represents (just under halfway)...

If it is set to Relative, it depends on where Knob 2 finished up.

Neither of these options set the value back to 0.

It will need to be set to relative as if it has a midi value of 50 and software is at 0%, obvious reasons.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense.

I don't know if there's really a way around this without using other commands. You want a lot of different things tied to different commands with just using basic MIDI. I mean, if you're willing to add in a button to the mix you can essentially mute your knobs so you can set them properly ahead of time.

And you can set them to relative but that comes with a whole slew of issues, like trying to get above or below a certain value at a certain time.

You COULD use modifiers to use with soft takeover, but that would require you to use the same controller knob for the different effects.

If these are controlling different FX, why don't you just have them loaded into different FX slots? I totally get what you're trying to do but without a MIDI translator I don't think it's possible, and even with one it might not be worth it for what you'd get.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Sorry, been real busy and didn't mean to leave you hangin, lol.

Looks like Dvls took up my slack.

Hope you get it sorted out Reading back to your origional post, I guess you could map a button to set your parameters to zero. That way you just press the button before twisting the knob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12