DJTT S4 Mapping Thread - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

I would like to know how can I update traktor in version 2.1.2 because if I go in service center told me that all my software is update but my version of traktor pro is 2.0.1

I feel like I've read through every single page on DJTT. (Seriously, I've been looking now for 6 hours on DJTT and other sites)

I REALLY love this S4 mapping, and with some tinkering managed to get mine stable and runs flawlessly... I've actually moved all my hotcues onto a launchpad along with the EQ kills and filter switch (if anyone wants that TSI let me know )

Thing is... The effects keep changing for what I can only figure is no possible reason... I've been using the mapping since the day it came out, and the first bank (SHFT+OFFSET) on the left was always Beatmasher + LoFi + One of the filters... This has now totally changed to DELY+LoFi+Filter...

On a more general note, there doesn't appear to be anything to describe how you might swap effects out and make some edits (I'm not a total noob to mapping, but not an expert by any means) try as I may I've not found anything in the mapping, settings etc

Anyone got any hints???

Scamo, your mapping is awesome by the way! I tried it and liked it, although now I've put in all the work to map my launchpad, it fits nicely within the workflow for the Ean Golden mapping - awesome job though!
    Last edited by mathesonewan; 03-24-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Additional Praise

I was going to run this as an edit, but it may contain some useful info for some people so running it as a seperate post:

From picking apart a launchpad mapping I found and Scamos mapping I worked out the effects thing.

For people like me who are fairly new to mapping, you'll want to take someone elses and start customising it to your liking (to match the way you play!)

Let's say for example you have a nice effect (One of the ones on the Ean Golden S4 mapping I like is the Delay/LoFi/Filter mapped to the jog wheel) but lets say your style is a bit harder and expansive delays all over the place aren't your thing? Note which effects bank the effect is, lets say it's number 2. Go to the assignment table and click on the "name" so all of your effects in bank two are grouped together (in alpha order) then systematically go through and check each of them. Some will be commands for controller, some will be various other things. Eventually you will start to find some that have an effect name right at the bottom.

In this example, you want to change all the ones that say "delay" to "beatmasher" (ensuring you ONLY change effects for the effects grouping you want i.e. number 2 in this case) keep a note of what you are doing, as it will become helpful when you are writing your own mappings!

As a side note, if (like me) you want a couple of controllers to control effects inside Traktor, be aware, these commands are a little buggy, so you may have to hit a key once (to set up the effect in the correct bank) and then again to trigger it.

If this is wrong/better way to do it. Let me know!

@mathesonewan - When I created my mapping, it was a bit "egotistical" in the sense that, I didn't think anyone would be using other mappings/ devices alongside of it, which also use effects. I am working on a newer version and due to a certain restriction with using the gain encode as the selection device (to get a faster selection between 14 possible effect modes for each deck/channel), I think the resulting solution I've had to come up with will actually solve the issue of multiple devices using the effect banks. In the new version, you'll have to use the indicator lights only to select the effect modes you want in each Deck and use the jog touch to set the effect mode and also turn on the effects. I liked the visual aid in seeing what mode is selected in Traktor, but this new version has advantages too (like 7 more effect mode possibilities), which will also make it pretty cool.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Convert

@scamo maybe I lost something but my version of your mapping is 4.4 and I have just 7 kind of different effects that's all or maybe there is a new version with 14 different effects?
    thanks for your patience

I am working on a new version, which will have 14 different effect modes.

scamo

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    I am working on a new version, which will have 14 different effect modes.

scamo
    whoa, can't wait sounds pretty banging'

I'm still tinkering with a way to emulate the stuff that dubfire and hawtin do with the echo/delay/combo thing where they can take a snake and just tweak it out.

Can you find a video with that effect in it?

scamo

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Can you find a video with that effect in it?

scamo
    he hits it at like 1:18 and 2:15

Thanks for the video. But, I'd almost bet that isn't an effect. I'd say it is just a one-shot sample.

Edit/- Looking at the video further, he is using 4 track decks. So I am not correct (unless he loaded a sample into a track deck). Hmm......interesting. To be honest, I have no idea what effect grouping could cause that kind of sound.

Edit2/- Also, lets get back to the topic. If you want, write me a PM, if you have some ideas about what effect grouping could be useful.

scamo