S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 5.0 Beta]- The Next Level - Page 22
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Final version will apparently be out as soon as this weekend (maybe), with 15 effects (so far) according to Scamo's post in the builder thread.

Currently using an S4 with the new 2.5.1 update. I am still using the DJTT custom S4 mapping that came out just before xmas last year.

It's a pretty cool mapping but isn't the most reliable at times and can be a bit buggy. I am posting here today to find some input on which mapping fellow users find to be the most useful.

I kinda miss the loop indicators and using my jogwheels to scroll through tracks but not 100% sure how to properly revert back to stock and not sure if I want to go back if there is something more useful out there.

I have heard great things about scamo's mappings. Any care to share their current workflow or what works best for them?

I honestly don't use the jogwheel effects too much but they are nice to play around with from time to time. I spin all forms of house, trance, a little dubstep, and that's about it. I primarily only use Gater, Reverb, and Delay effects, nothing too crazy just like to keep it simple.

Thanks,

Paul

Hey Paul.

I think, and I don't want to belittle any of the great work DJTT has done, but I think you'll find my mapping a bit more consistent, stable and even more powerful than the DJTT S4 mapping, when it comes to effect jogs. I am practically finished with 5.1.0 beta and just now need to find the time to make a tutorial video, which I hope to get done this weekend. However, if you know me, you also know I have two other jobs beside my DJ hobby (which I want to make my third job.) So meeting plans is rough. Still, it's looking pretty good for a release of 5.1.0 this weekend and I am sure you will have fun with the new full version too.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

A silly question I guess - will I be able to run this along side my mf3d with the latest eangolden mapping?

I think, and I don't want to belittle any of the great work DJTT has done, but I think you'll find my mapping a bit more consistent, stable and even more powerful than the DJTT S4 mapping, when it comes to effect jogs
    Did you solve the issue of being obliged to recreate in the mapping both the browse mode and copy mode button behaviour with contradictory modifiers that can't co-exist in a mapping?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

I think I have browse mode covered. I am not sure what you mean with copy mode.

scamo

That's the problem...copy mode is activated by the same browse button but without the same behaviour.
    Mapping wise they can't co-exist for the purpose of the mapping.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Ok, I had to actually look up what the copy mode is. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess using that mode will have to be a restriction in my mapping. I don't think too many people will cry about missing that functionality either. I'll make sure to mention that in my tutorial.

scamo

edit: stupid comments on my parts.
    Last edited by Yul; 08-23-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Latest mix

Seriously? This is a forum to discuss whatever the community sees fit. Clearly the community (myself included) is very interested in this mapping, and the distinct threads are warranted by the community's demand. Is Scamo required to understand every single function of the S4 before he donates his valuable time to making a very functional and stable mapping that enhances my S4 experience? It's ridiculous to expect that, as he clearly has a far greater understanding than most people on this forum (including the people that aren't able to create mappings like this for themselves). The fact is, this mapping IS more stable and powerful than the DJTT mapping. Period. I use this mapping almost exclusively, having spent a lot of time with the DJTT one first. What exactly is your point? Aren't we all here to learn and discuss?