Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Do you guys know if we'll be able to build our own custom FX to map to a single knob? Very curious to see if this update includes a means to make the mapping interface much better (seems like a given... but what do I know?).

Dave

Um, well, custom effects won't be possible, but I think you meant custom FX macros and as you say, it would seem a given to have the ability to create your own custom FX macros. If you watched Ean's video review of the new Z2 mixer, at around minute 4 while he shows off the macro function, he also shows a nice list of macros and recently added a text overlay in the video saying "these FX macros aren't the ones to be found in the final release". Whether or not that list means there is an ability to customize your own FX macros or NI just hasn't decided what to put in the final version, I don't know. I'd like to hope it is the former.

The mapping interface in Traktor isn't so bad now that you can widen the Controller Manager window. I think the overall mapping "language" just needs to be modernized. The modifier system is very limited and also the lock-down on the HID functionality is a pain having to work around. NI should improve the mapping system from the ground up. Bitwig, for instance, is coming out with a javascript programming interface for midi-mapping controllers to their software. I realize something like this for Traktor would mean a much steeper learning curve for some users, but it also would mean a much, much more flexible mapping system and it might even mean mapping programmers have the ability to create custom user interfaces for simplifying mapping customization for those "non-programming" users. Going out on a limb on the user interface creation possibility, but the chance is there. If NI could bring out such an API that can also dig into the HID functionality, wow, that would be great.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Bad news currently from the BPM. Custom FX macros won't be a part of 2.6, but might be added to a later version. Darn it.....

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Please don't wait! It is alsways interesting to see a mapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Same here mate. I was about to release beta version of my custom mapping but Ean's Z2 video blow me away.
    but,
    The Z2 is a 2 channel mixer, S4 is a 4 channel mixer.
    Is The Z2 better in someways?
    Ore is this about the software 2.6 and the possibilities to make it better for the S4?
    I like the S4 and its possibilities.

ps: "Bad news currently from the BPM", who is that?
    Last edited by Madsoldier; 10-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Bad news currently from the BPM. Custom FX macros won't be a part of 2.6, but might be added to a later version. Darn it.....

scamo
    Soooooooooooooooo disappointed

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Madsoldier View Post
    Please don't wait! It is alsways interesting to see a mapping.

but,
    The Z2 is a 2 channel mixer, S4 is a 4 channel mixer.
    Is The Z2 better in someways?
    Ore is this about the software 2.6 and the possibilities to make it better for the S4?
    I like the S4 and its possibilities.

ps: "Bad news currently from the BPM", who is that?
    DJ show going on right now.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post

scamo
    Hi Scamo. I love your builder mapping and have fiddled with it a lot. I've learned quite a bit about mapping.

Anyways, did you mean that there will be no FX macros at all in 2.6, or just the ability to make custom macros? Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jcarulei View Post
    Hi Scamo. I love your builder mapping and have fiddled with it a lot. I've learned quite a bit about mapping.

Anyways, did you mean that there will be no FX macros at all in 2.6, or just the ability to make custom macros? Thanks.
    There will be macro effects, but we won't be able to custom create our own... Which is kind of retarded. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

Just getting into mapping and such and this just literally blew my mind. I'm so ecstatic about this! Great work on the setup. It's clean, easy to navigate and understand, and above all, works AWESOME! Thanks for your dedication to the profession and mapping world. Keep it up! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for new updates!

Tech Wizard

Just viewed a Walkthrough Video on DJWOrx and there NI said, that in the new Traktor Version, you can build Mappings topped on the Standard Mappings and can switch if the Commands of your Mapping oberrides the commands of the Standard Mapping or not. Sounds for more possibilities, especially for your Mapping, Scamo.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast