Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...) - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Absolutely. If you are happy with the 2016, stick with it. I've used the 2016 numerous times. I think Ryan has owned one as well. The layout of the 2015 is bomb. Really well thought out placement of knobs, buttons IMHO. Rane quality.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Worth upgrading from a 2016 if you don't use eqs?
    Maybe. The filters and isolator are VERY compelling going from the 2016 to the 2015.

And, my booth is way less complicated and messy with the integrated soundcard.

I might have to think about that. I'm working on moving, and I just need to decide before I upgrade my tabletop from IKEA cardboard to actual wood.

Tech Mentor

Yeah, the onboard filters, eq and submix are excellent. I actually feel SPOILED...even coming from a 92, which says alot, in terms of ins/outs, aux, sends and options. I used Rane mixers for the longest time, then got curious and used the 92 for about 5 years. Coming back to a Rane has made me realize how much I love their house sound and overall feel of the faders (not a single one on the 2015, but on pretty much every other one I've owned) and rotary dials. It is overall absolutely and upgrade in all senses. But if you are tight on funds, and don't really need to, I could see waiting.

Schalenberg

Off topic, but how is that omnitronic trm-202?

this thread has go me seriously thinking of selling the 92 and buying a 2015
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Default The difference between A & H Xone 92R and Rane MP2015

The question on my mind is which is better in your opinion; the Rane or the A & H and why?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by HOMONYM View Post
    The question on my mind is which is better in your opinion; the Rane or the A & H and why?
    I have been using the 2015 for about 4 months now. I am very happy with my purchase. In comparison to the A&H, let me say, I left my X92 on bad terms. The mixer was great when it was working, however crackling at the pots were the issue. I did not have the mixer for a long time, nor did I run it to the ground. It was my in-home mixer. Never saw the light of day, never left my home. The 92 did sound warmer than the 2015, which can be a nice aspect for people who use an all-digital setup, it may warm up the sound somewhat. I did not really notice this. I 'liked' the 92's aux system, but it wasn't a real deal breaker for me. I do not regret purchasing the 92, nor the 2015. However, if the 92 did not start to wear on me, I would probably not be using the 2015 presently. But to answer your question, without a doubt, the 2015 is better in every aspect. I just wish the 2015 had one more output (balanced or imbalanced), and also had a stronger headphone amplifier installed.

Thank you for your reply, I haven't seen any direct comparisons made with the mp2015 yet from Pioneer or Allen and Heath. I've always been an Allen and Heath fan as opposed to Pioneer(although I have Pioneer headphones which I like) before the mp2015 was released. The combination of the mp2015 release and that of the Kontrol D2 means I'm more and more tempted towards the mp2015 using a separate controller to scroll through the traktor library(x1 or k2) and with the use of a pair of turntables to use with traktor and with my old records and even perhaps start collecting again. The last piece of the puzzle will be the effects unit, ideally if A&H did a separate model based on the DB4 effects then that would be ideal, what are your thoughts on the RMX1000 effects unit?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by HOMONYM View Post
    Thank you for your reply, I haven't seen any direct comparisons made with the mp2015 yet from Pioneer or Allen and Heath. I've always been an Allen and Heath fan as opposed to Pioneer(although I have Pioneer headphones which I like) before the mp2015 was released. The combination of the mp2015 release and that of the Kontrol D2 means I'm more and more tempted towards the mp2015 using a separate controller to scroll through the traktor library(x1 or k2) and with the use of a pair of turntables to use with traktor and with my old records and even perhaps start collecting again. The last piece of the puzzle will be the effects unit, ideally if A&H did a separate model based on the DB4 effects then that would be ideal, what are your thoughts on the RMX1000 effects unit?

Not a problem. I think it all comes down to what works for you and your needs/setup. A&H lost my trust overall, but if it works in your price range and setup, it can be a nice addition. I hear ALOT of good things from people who use the 2015 and Traktor together. I actually still use Serato/SSL in HID mode. The 2015 is traktor certified I believe, so that just pushes it in your favor a little bit more. I can't say I haven't been loving the rmx1000. It is pure awesomeness once you customize it. It is a BEAUTIFUL combination with the 2015. I'm also using there X1 still for some simple mapping and effects internally through SSL. The rmx1000 is it. I have used all of pioneers Exx units, etc...the rmx is a whole nother level. Some may see no point in a separate effect unit when a lot of effects can be routed internally/midi. I still like having a separate effect unit that is external.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast