Wow i hate my hometown, - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i cant say i hate my hometown, being that its Los Angeles, California .. but it does have its moments ... like the other day, i went out to my car only to find this ...

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

is that a vibrator instead of a lighter?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    lol, its my usb charger for my droid and other usb goodies.

i dont understand the point of stealing radios. its 2010. no one gives a shit about what radio they have as. unless their upgrading from a stock one.

EDIT: i just realized the WHOLE center is missing. have fun turning on the heat/ ac.

that sucks
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

i dont understand the point of stealing radios. its 2010. no one gives a shit about what radio they have as. unless their upgrading from a stock one.

EDIT: i just realized the WHOLE center is missing. have fun turning on the heat/ ac.

that sucks

indeed ... this isnt 1993 LOL ... but yea the whole climate control and everything is gone ... oh wells, at least its an easy (but not cheap) fix.

Tech Guru

NOMINATED!
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Back on topic.

In reply to the whole stealing someone's mixtapes and claiming: it sickens me.

This makes me want to put namedrops every no and the on my mixtapes because I upload them for download in 320.

I do so mainly because some of my friends have decent-good sound systems.

In terms of my hometown(s): I have two: Miami and Gainesville. I grew up in Miami and :eek: I did not fully discover dance music until I arrived in Gainesville for college. I have absolutely no complaints about Gainesville, the ckub scene is great for the most part.

Looking back though, I am kinda thankful I got introduced to it in Gainesville than in Miami. Don't get me wrong, Miami has a great club scene and all, but the population of not-so-friendly people will always be everywhere, even if it is just a small percentage at a club any given night.
    Last edited by GPS; 12-25-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    DJEditorHugger

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    First place i went to, "cayotees" the music was amazing, the mixing, as far as i could hear perfect but the DJ didnt let anyone upstairs. Then he started replying to a text. and suddenly this transition comes out of nowhere, so i thought maybe its a part of a song.

Then he nipped downstairs from the stage to the toilet. the song that was playing was fake blood - Mars, and as the song was ending the guy sprinted out the bog and halfway up the stairs it suddenly perfectly dropped into (laidback luke? unsure) - Timebomb. and im thinking.. waiiiit what?

So im a bit unsure about this DJ. because i watched him constant for about half an hour and he never put those headphones on. and then this seriously horrible beatmatch/transition comes out of nowhere, i mean, everyone in the bar looked up to him at this point. then it was perfect from then on in again. like perfect to the 0.00001 beat transitions.
    looks like he did the classic "play a long mixtape, transition (somehow) to a popular song, then mix to another mixtape" trick
    DJEditorHugger

I've walked into my mixtape being played in a club a couple times before but I just considered it a compliment... nobody was trying to claim it was theirs, though, and I actually got gigs at these clubs, so it's not the same.

Even so, if your style is individual enough, biters are gonna get found out even without any name drops. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

at least he tried to look like he is actually playing lol

few months ago i went to one of the top nightclubs in the town which holds around 2000 people. I was with a friend who is also a DJ like me so we quickly noticed how well the DJ was playing, it sounded like laidback luke was on the decks so we got around the DJ booth and the guy was actually talking to hes friend all the time and didnt even touch his gear at any time. At one point he was picking hes nose during a "transistion"

made me wonder what some of these guys are getting paid for.. and how they even got their job in the first place

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast