What is your day job? (If any) - Page 10
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    I work as IT Systems Admin, Support Desk Manager.

Work 10am till 7pm - Mon to Fri.

Have 5 guys whose asses I kick daily.

Afterhours....I am a Psytrance Assassin.

Sarasin...the Psy Assassin.

I used to work HORRIBLE shifts until recently (promotion).

So now i don't have jetlag weekly...and my life is normal again. Worked these fucked up shifts for 3 years.

So stoked its done.

Now I am able to get back on the weekly club rotations.

My job story is pretty similar, I was hired by an IT company who offers Helpdesk services for other companies. After 2 years I decided that I worked too much and received very few, so basically I started my own company and offered a better and less expensive service. Luckily my best previous client decided to continue with my new compony instead of my old one. Now I get a decent pay and have plenty of time to make music. My ultimate goal is to develop my music carrer up to a point when I can make the complete move.

I see it as jumping in a moving train... when it has good speed and the right direction I will make the move. I expect it to happen in around 3 more years (I am patient and work a lot for it). It takes a lot of drive

ACMT (apple certified mac tech) and soon to be ACSP (support professional) if I pass the exams
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Guru

I'm a bum! I sit around all day getting bitter at the rest of the working world for being employed when I have been searching for a job for the past 9-10 months. Especially none-music little spoilt hotties doing jobs I'd kill to do who blatantly got the position for being hot.

Previously to being a bum I was a sound engineer and creative coordinator at a record company, working with people like Cheryl Cole & Black Eyed peas. Did that for 6 years, had the time of my life... which makes it even worse as I have experienced some of the best times. Now I'm confined to my bedroom being offered minimum wage bullshit by the job centre with no real hope for the future.

Life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    7 years ago here, feels like longer

lol....13 ago for me....

SHOOOOOO....saying it aloud or typing it has SOME impact.

HEHEHEHE
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I'm a bum! I sit around all day getting bitter at the rest of the working world for being employed when I have been searching for a job for the past 9-10 months. Especially none-music little spoilt hotties doing jobs I'd kill to do who blatantly got the position for being hot.

Previously to being a bum I was a sound engineer and creative coordinator at a record company, working with people like Cheryl Cole & Black Eyed peas. Did that for 6 years, had the time of my life... which makes it even worse as I have experienced some of the best times. Now I'm confined to my bedroom being offered minimum wage bullshit by the job centre with no real hope for the future.

Life sucks
    If you really wanted to, you would do something about it.

Not knocking you at all, i sat without work for 6 months 4 years ago.
    It was no fucking joke!

But there are many opportunities, you just need to be aware of em!

Good luck bud!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Convert

I'm a Network Engineer for a law firm. in NY Desperately looking for a new job though.

Electrical inspector. I test the safety systems (fire alarms, emergency lighting, etc.) in lots of High Street stores all over Scotland. Boring, but pays it the bills. And I too have a little DJ to support, she's nearly 2 now.

I used to DJ in various bars locally some time ago, but it's now an expensive hobby (at least I'm not now forking out nearly a tenner for vinyl imports though). Found this site by accident and have been here ever since.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    If you really wanted to, you would do something about it.

Not knocking you at all, i sat without work for 6 months 4 years ago.
    It was no fucking joke!

But there are many opportunities, you just need to be aware of em!

Good luck bud!

I love how everyone gives it the "if you really wanted it you'd get it" speech.
    Ok, give me an example of what I could do. Let's see if you can come up with something I haven't heard before/tried already.
    I don't mean to sound negative but everyone I speak to seems to think I gotta just want it, like it's a state of mind. If I want it enough suddenly I'll have a job. I've been wanting it like a motherfucker for too fucking long now I've given up.
    I'm sure people are looking down on me for having this attitude, but I used to think the same way towards the unemployed. I've always worked since I was legally allowed to.
    I just don't know what to do any more, I feel like I've exhausted every avenue.

Again, sorry for sounding so negative

Not at all mate.

I thought you could use a bit of pep.....that's all.

Looking for a job is a job in its own. You sound older than 21....so i am assuming that you don;t want to jump into ANY old job...just for the sake of it.

Head up mate...eyes open. Something will come around.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

And worst case you start setting strippers on fire after you steal the tips from their stockings... or wherever the hell it is they keep em.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast