photo.jpg

Pretty simple. I started the scene with a Sony Vaio, a Hercules RMX, and Virtual DJ a few years back and moved on slowly from there starting with a pair of Tech 1200s which have been replaced with the 1210s you see in the picture. I didn't take the pic at home, I'm still settling into my new place so there's no point in that hot mess being in a photo. Anywho, right now like my sig says I got the two Tech 1210s, a Pioneer DJM400, the dicers, and a 15' Mac Book Pro where I run Serato (SL3) and Serato Video off of.

The Mac Book Pro I literally bought a couple weeks back and seriously I won't go back to Windows. I maxed out the ram and it's got a sweet video card if you're into video effects(My impression so far is it helps get gigs because bar managers LOVE IT but really it's just a gimmick and seriously hinders the dance floor). I wanted to pick up an X1 for some sampling and effects controls but the new MBP put me back $2500.

My next move is probably working towards a new mixer, which will probably be a Rane TTM56 since I already have an SL3 and Rane is obsessed with putting the old SL1 into all their mixers (a fine piece of kit but it works through a USB1.1 port). Basically I want those magnetic faders, they seriously are the best. The DJM400 is actually pretty good with basic on-board effects, but the faders have too much space before they actually work and having RCA as the main outputs leave much to be desired.

I wanna check out Traktor in the future eventually but right now I'm digging' just going simple 2 channel and digging the hell outta record shops and the net for awesome music and just letting the tunes do the talking.