VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.3.1 available - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

yeah, that's what i'm going to have to do. thanks for the help and the email. much appreciated.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

Managing Director / Label Manager

maaaan. so many parameters to go through.

there's like 3x as many 'Tempo' assignments now. i'm still using an older version of the overlay, and i don't plan on upgrading because i'm not using any of the sampler/slicing stuff.

so i ask again, did anyone figure out this section:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

and get it working so that the pitch faders were using the upgraded resolution? that's all i really need, and i can't seem to find out how to map it due to there being no 'Tempo Reset' in the assignment section.

again, i'm using Traktor 1.2.6 with TSI 2.4, and i have no wish to upgrade to the newest TSI or the newest overlay.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RedEyz; 09-20-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

FYI, the new VCI-100SE firmware (v1.4) and mapping (v3.6) have been released. For details and questions/comments, please see this thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18181

Quote Originally Posted by RedEyz View Post
    maaaan. so many parameters to go through.

there's like 3x as many 'Tempo' assignments now. i'm still using an older version of the overlay, and i don't plan on upgrading because i'm not using any of the sampler/slicing stuff.

so i ask again, did anyone figure out this section:

and get it working so that the pitch faders were using the upgraded resolution? that's all i really need, and i can't seem to find out how to map it due to there being no 'Tempo Reset' in the assignment section.

again, i'm using Traktor 1.2.6 with TSI 2.4, and i have no wish to upgrade to the newest TSI or the newest overlay.

thanks in advance.
    Let me know if you still have a lot of questions after downloading and cross checking with the new 3.6 mapping. Most all of the components (i.e., jog wheels, pitch faders, etc) that have changed midi signals (notes/cc's) are shown as double function entries in the mapping. The lines tied to new 1.4 midi signals will have "[FW 1.4]" at the end of their comments.

i'm aware of this fact as i have posted in the official thread. the latest overlay [which coincides with the newest firmware] is the issue. i don't use it. i have an older one, so button placement is my issue. i simply want to know how to add those lines to my current TSI file of 2.4 - i'd just like to flash to the 1.3.1 firmware and change what i need to change in my current TSI.

i have also looked at the new TSI file in Traktor, and it's extremely confusing due to the double entries. i can't makes heads or tails of what i should be transferring into my older TSI.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

i have also looked at the new TSI file in Traktor, and it's extremely confusing due to the double entries. i can't makes heads or tails of what i should be transferring into my older TSI.
    I had a look to, but I really hate that stupid f**king little ass window in Traktor so gave up pretty quick.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I had a look to, but I really hate that stupid f**king little ass window in Traktor so gave up pretty quick.
    oi. that's another thing that grated my nerves. i'd really just like to know what to add to my older TSI file in order to incorporate the new settings to make use of the 'upgraded bits' in FW 1.3.1

i'm not too sure why it's so hard to understand that, but i feel as though i've gone in a complete circle and am still no closer than i was when i started. hehehe.

please help, guru's. i'm begging you.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

Tech Convert

also, did anyone figure out the mapping of:
    i'm using Traktor Pro 1.2.6

i don't see any 'Tempo Reset' in the mapping options. just need to figure this out before i go ahead with my upgrade.
    I'm no Traktor mapping expert but here is what I meant. When the pitch fader reaches the center, a midi message is sent to traktor to indicate we're at the center. With DJTT mapping this message is used when the user hold shift while moving the pitch fader and reaches the center. The the pitch fader is then reset in traktor.

If you don't already have a handler for those messages, you may create one:
    Control = Tempo
    Type of Controller = Button
    Interaction Mode = Reset

Hope this helps

not even close. *sigh* =(

but thanks for the reply, either way. hopefully someone else will understand what it is i'm looking for and post up how to actually achieve mapping this stuff, because looking at the new TSI file is as complicated as trying to figure out what you just said. haha.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

actually, i think i just totally figured out what you were saying. i'm going to test it out now.

it's too early for me to be thinking this hard.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast