Any MC's or peeps can make custom voice overs for world champ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This thread confuses me greatly....
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    This thread confuses me greatly....
    nominated!!

There needs to be paperwork and lawyers involved. There needs to be some kind of base pay (preferably union wages) with an 8 hr minimum pay schedule plus a royalty every time the talents voice is used in both live settings and recordings.

Your homie is a world champion, which leads me to believe he has sponsorships. If your homie doesn't want to pay, get one of his sponsors, PR person, or manager to flip the bill.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I've been in the entertainment industry for 15 years and this kind of exposure with no offer of pay seems a little dodgy to me.
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Tech Guru

Jesus, I knew this was gonna get all pissy & focussing on negative aspects.

The situation is this; I sat next to the dude in school. He normally just has like 1 tune or maybe 2 that he performs to over like a 6 minute period, nothing fancy music wise, just literally plays a track, to be fair it's not even about the music. He knows I DJ & gave me a list of like 3 tunes & asked if I could just mix them together for him, no big deal, would take ten minutes out of my day. He asked me as a friend, I'm not gonna turn round and start demanding money from a pal I've known for over 10 years. I went back to him & basically said do you want me to do you like a little mini mix of current club bangers & a maybe a little personalised break down in the middle to hype things up a bit?, & he was like yeah cool what ever you wanna do mate.
    So, I'm doing it as a favour cos he's a friend, I'm doing it because I enjoy it, I'm doing it because not everything is always about squeezing money out of people, I want to go above & beyond what he has asked so in the future he will want to turn to me again & only then will I tell him I want a bit of compensating or better still get involved with the live performance side of things, I'm doing it because other people who perform at these events could turn to him and ask where he got his shit made & he'll point them in my direction & it could earn me a little extra here & there. There's plenty of reason why I said I'd help my pal out. If people don't like that, tough titties, I'm doing it anyway.
    So, all I'm saying is, if anyone in here wants to get a little creative on the mic in their spare time then great, if not, no worries. It's no big deal. I'm sure I can sort something out myself.
    I also DJ for a big club in Spain and I want to get some customised shit together for that so it'd be a good chance to hear what anyone can do & if I could use anyone to lay some shit down for me.

ANYWAY, Jakeintox, I'll PM you. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    "YO YO YO,'---HIS NAME---' IS IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN HOUSE, YA BETTER LISTEN UP BITCHES!!!"
    I'm guessing he's a wrestler. There's no other professional sport I know of which would take this seriously:

"YO YO YO, Jack Nicklaus IS IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN HOUSE, YA BETTER LISTEN UP BITCHES!!!"

vs.

"YO YO YO, HULK HOGAN IS IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN HOUSE, YA BETTER LISTEN UP BITCHES!!!"
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Yeah it is kinda intriguing what he's world champion of...

Not a dj....
    Not an mc.
    Motherfucking bitches.:eek:

Come on tell us
    SC | MC

A Nobel Prize candidate?

^^ Made me LOL
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Chess?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    w00t!
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast