VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 + - Page 10
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    vci in and out in the ports section.im sure ive seen this written in a thread
    that was it.
    cheers

Tech Mentor

@flashflooder...i've racked my brains about this jog wheel glitch and am afraid im new to this so apologies if im wasting your time but in the 3.0 beta the jogs work fine as does the progressive bend.the only other difference i can think of is that in the beta tsi if you use the slice button it resets and in the updates it has been changed.im thinking because the jog is being used for this maybe it is somehow affecting it.i would love to be able to investigate further but have only had traktor and vci for about 2 months and wouldn't know where to start.you say its hard for you to replicate this problem.so to clarify your progressive pitch bend is working aswell as the jogs no problem.please reply mate when you've got time
    Last edited by calvin01; 02-22-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: punctuation baby

Everything is working great for me except the sampler but I will try it again tonight. The only thing I am wondering is how to get full pitch range. From top to bottom I am not getting full control of the pitch range.

The reason I am asking is for disco and old school tracks with a live drummer I still use my pitch control when mixing.

Not sure I am describing it right but hopefully someone can give me a tip on what to do. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by djalexroc View Post
    Everything is working great for me except the sampler but I will try it again tonight. The only thing I am wondering is how to get full pitch range. From top to bottom I am not getting full control of the pitch range.

The reason I am asking is for disco and old school tracks with a live drummer I still use my pitch control when mixing.

Not sure I am describing it right but hopefully someone can give me a tip on what to do. Thank you
    yeah man!!! i never understood why it is like it is. its a big pain in the but for people who do not always use sync. someone know how to fix this? or is it a unfixeble vci/traktor bug?:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
    Love the mapping! The one glitch I'm getting is when using shift and jog wheel to drop a cue point it also momentarily stops the track. It seems like the cue dropping feature and the normal scratch function of the jog wheel happen simultaneously instead of the cue feature over riding the scratch function. I'm using Tractor 1.2.4 on a mac and fw 1.3
    You are correct. As of now, setting a cue point by using Shift+Jog does not override the scratch function so the track stopping is a result of Traktor thinking you are trying to scratch.

If you like using Shift+Jog to set cue points on the fly you should turn off Scratch before doing so and you won't encounter the track stopping. Some others have expressed interest in having the Shift+Jog functionality override Scratch (when Scratch mode is on) so as not to have the audio cut out but I feel that it is not as much of a priority right now given that you can use juggle mode to set cue points on the fly too. However, it is a noted issue and will be something to be looked at in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Is there an easy way to turn off all effects when you're messing around with the presets? I'm having some troubles with having fader mode on and not being able to lower the volume easily, and then turning it off but the effects staying on when I'm loading the next track... Can you easily turn off all presets or all effects banks at once?
    If I am understanding you right, I think the best way to "turn off all presets or all effects banks at once" would be to use the "Route FX" button. When you are in "Control FX" mode 1 or 2, pushing Route FX will light up the FX buttons to signify what decks the respective FX bank is on. You can then add/remove the FX banks to certain decks by pressing the corresponding FX buttons while holding down on Route FX.

If you are in a chained FX bank and you dont want to disengage the entire FX bank from a deck but just want to turn off an individual effect parameter, the best bet is also to use the Control FX button to select the FX bank you want and then turn on/off each of the three effect parameters by using the (B, C, and D) buttons under the FX knobs.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djalexroc View Post
    The only thing I am wondering is how to get full pitch range. From top to bottom I am not getting full control of the pitch range.
    That 8% pitch range is intentional. You have the option to enable/disable it when you imported the TSI. Below is an excerpt from the 'read me' from the TSI zip:

What Settings to Load

MIDI: Everyone
    EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you have problems with the presets not working correctly)
    LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own- modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
    ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly. *Warning* this will over-write your traktor settings! So if you like your settings, then do an export to save them before testing these. Then you can always revert later. Otherwise DONT import this part of the TSI file.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    @flashflooder...i've racked my brains about this jog wheel glitch and am afraid im new to this so apologies if im wasting your time but in the 3.0 beta the jogs work fine as does the progressive bend.the only other difference i can think of is that in the beta tsi if you use the slice button it resets and in the updates it has been changed.im thinking because the jog is being used for this maybe it is somehow affecting it.i would love to be able to investigate further but have only had traktor and vci for about 2 months and wouldn't know where to start.you say its hard for you to replicate this problem.so to clarify your progressive pitch bend is working aswell as the jogs no problem.please reply mate when you've got time
    @Calvin01: Attached is the official 3_3 tsi that I have changed to incorporate the old style progressive tempo bend. Feel free to download it and try it out. I think it should be what you are asking for.

Also, if the "jog scratch" issue was not present in the 3.0 beta, and this outer jog tempo bend is pretty much the only difference between the two in regards to the jog wheels, then I hope this somehow fixes the jog wheel issue as well. If it does, I'll be happy but also a little confused as to why it worked.

If anyone tries the tsi out and finds that it fixes the much discussed "jog wheel scratch" issue, please let it be known.

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    Yeah i think it's just like that. There is no more space to add modifiers to the jogwheels due to the new dedicated echo and slice buttons. I assume they just figured you wouldn't want to be doing some heavy beat gridding live.

A fix for this could be for you to pick what is more important to you, moving the grid or tempo bending, and remove the command that doesn't apply to you. For me I always sync my tracks to allow for more creativity and less time beat matching. So if I wanted to I could remove the tempo bend.

I noticed however, that it doesn't make much of an audible difference if your moving the grid and tempo bending at the same time. As long as your not doing it for an extended amount of time you should be fine.
    armyofme4340's answer to this is pretty much correct. Tempo bend and Moving the beat grid will both occur when using Shift+Outer Jog unfortunately due to a lack of available modifier conditions at the moment. If it becomes a big issue for a lot of people, it could be looked into further. Btw, nice explanation armyofme4340!

Tech Guru

Default Re: VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 +

btw. some people were talking about beat grid support. it should be a fairly simple operation to put together a second mapping for the vci optimized for beat gridding and preparation. when in the studio you could use that and then switch to eans life mapping for performances. with tp 1.2 this approach is now a lot more feasible.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast