DJTT S4 Mapping Thread - Page 10
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I cant get the effects to turn on using shift and reset

I just tested this mapping with TP 2.1.2 and it works like a charm. And, it IS layered over the default user mapping, so things like loop size indicator and jogging through a song with the left rotary knob works for me. I have only tested it about 10 minutes and the only thing I noticed I feel is sort of "wrong" is the fact the sample deck buttons are used to select the FX for effect banks 2 and 4. It isn't a bug, but taking away the controllability of the sample decks is a minus point in this mapping from my point of view. It would have been cool to layer over the sample deck. Like, pressing "Shift + offset" means those buttons are for effects, but then press "Shift + offset" again and you are back to "normal sample deck controls". Maybe there is a trick to this, because I can't imagine effectively nullifying the sample decks with this mapping is actually wanted.

Other than that fantastic work! I am not sure why so many people are having trouble with this mapping. It worked from the start for me. I imported it twice and pressed "Shift + Offset" or one of the sample deck buttons and I was rolling.

I am going to look into how you used the jog wheel to change the modes. That is a neat little feature and I am astounded at how it does work by turning the jog to the right to go from left to right and turning the jog left to go from right to left. That is a really cool mapping trick.

Again, really nice work guys and thanks for not charging for it. That shows real class!

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    ..... but taking away the controllability of the sample decks is a minus point in this mapping from my point of view. It would have been cool to layer over the sample deck. Like, pressing "Shift + offset" means those buttons are for effects, but then press "Shift + offset" again and you are back to "normal sample deck controls". Maybe there is a trick to this, because I can't imagine effectively nullifying the sample decks with this mapping is actually wanted.

scamo

I agree, I use the sample deck buttons for cue points and not having access to cues 5-8 takes away some of the fun at least for me.

Tech Student

I am having the same problem as well. Does this new S4 mapping only work on everything else beside Traktor Pro S4?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMeltz View Post
    no, the inport and outport are the kontrol s4. if they fixed that i'd be golden
    Hmm, strange what I am saying is that when I import this map it takes the port selection away and says n/a in the dropdown box to the left of the map selection box for the s4 defaualt map(not the djtt map that one has ports enabled) If I click the box and enable the port the s4 does not work well nor the djtt map.
    Maybe thats just me?

Tech Wizard

Hi all Merry Chrimbo

If im to add this how do i go about it so that i can still use instant grat with my Midi fighter? and can i also use a X1 to?
    Ive scanned through the comments and dont seem to see an answer

cheers
    Midi Fighter Classic, Midi Fighter Pro, Audio 10, Kontrol X1, Mixdeck, Kontrol S4, Pioneer CDJ 2000 x2, Pioneer DJM 700k, MacBook Pro 10.6.6, Trakor Pro 1.2.7, Traktor Pro 2 2.02 - Traktor Scratch Pro 2. AIAIAI TMA 1s http://soundcloud.com/abh_promotions. @rockinghudson
    London, England

Default DJTT s4 Mapping Bugs

I just downloaded the DJTT s4 mapping and it works wonderfully. Except there are a few issues I'm experiencing. My filters are not working, and when I have a second track running, it will play in my headphones even if the cue button and play button are not activated. I switched back to the default s4 mapping in the device setup of Traktor preferences and restarted Traktor, but neither of these things resolved the problems. I'm sure there's other bugs, but these are the first one's I've noticed. On a side note, I'm currently running the most recently updated version of TP2 and I'm using the most up-to-date version of Mac OSX Lion. If these issues could be addressed in the upcoming s4 mapping update, that would be awesome. Thanks DJTT!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Why not take this to the DJTT S4 map sticky in the S4 forum?
    Merged
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by zephry View Post
    Hmm, strange what I am saying is that when I import this map it takes the port selection away and says n/a in the dropdown box to the left of the map selection box for the s4 defaualt map(not the djtt map that one has ports enabled) If I click the box and enable the port the s4 does not work well nor the djtt map.
    Maybe thats just me?

Yeah I figured thats what you meant. I'm not sure what could be causing the lack of functionality without saying something lame like update the version or wipe the slate clean and try again since thats not helpful. I ran into a slight problem similar when using the S2 with reduced functionality but it corrected itself and we could not get the bug to appear again (which is worse than having a bug IMHO). When I can get home from work I'll PM you my results when trying to replicate your situation

How were you able to switch back from fx mode to sample mode? t

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast