NI kontrol M1 (member mockup) - Page 13
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    haha, I'm not albe to make these things, and I am not in contact with DJTT of NI.
    It's also a wish of mine that these devices would be build.
    Im only talking about photoshop mockups.

I have never made a DIY controller...
    I'm just handy with photoshop. and think alot...
    dude Fader fox has got some competition if these come into play. Id talk to the dudes at livid and Allen and heath. get this shit in motion
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...850#post215850

If you want some other buttons and sizes for mockups, ask away
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    dude Fader fox has got some competition if these come into play. Id talk to the dudes at livid and Allen and heath. get this shit in motion
    that sounds good but im sure if either of these companies get ahold of these they will be way over priced, they will try to make there own input and probably end up screwing them up.

How about we all petition DJtechtools to make these bad boys. We all no that they can and will do it. Also while they do it they will keep us in mind and not try to make it there own. I think if anybody should make these it should be Techtools or some mad scientist. But I think the man who started this thread should get some credit. Im sure Techtools would be the only one to do that.
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Wow this thread is looking great. I am planning to draw up a PCB in eagle that could act as a shield that can be put on an arduino mega (I think ill start with the pad matrix style using the buttons from livid). This coupled with faceplate/enclosure plans could make for a nice DIY kit. The big issue Im having now is getting MIDI back into the arduino via USB utilizing the Roland driver. This is crucial if we want any LED feedback.

As for the LED lit arcade buttons, Ill post my ALMOST finished controller tomorrow.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    In my opinion this is a massive gap in the market that someone needs to fill. I, for one, don't want any bloody jog wheels. If I'm mixing with midi I'm going to be using the sync button.

I want a 4 channel midi mixer with transport controls and a couple of extra knobs that actually rivals a decent analogue mixer in terms of build quality.

The only thing that seems to be out there is the x session pro and that this is a piece of plastic crap.
    Check out the new 4midiloop released at namm
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Tech Mentor

I have seen the 4 midi loop.
    (it wasn't released at namm, richie hawtin reviewed it in his hotel room during namm. he had one with him.)
    it looks good, I have the same problem with is as with the faderfox units. the buttons are just to small, no LEDs in the buttons, everything is cramped in a small space.
    Ive seen te introduction video on the site, the features look amazing, you can really control everything. (btw price is quite steep too, €1300 w/o tax).
    control every thing is kinda what where shooting for here too.
    the 4midiloop is a great source for ideas, and features to add to every unit. there are so many controls, there is alwats somthing we could add here

Quote Originally Posted by bobsagat666 View Post
    Wow this thread is looking great. I am planning to draw up a PCB in eagle that could act as a shield that can be put on an arduino mega (I think ill start with the pad matrix style using the buttons from livid). This coupled with faceplate/enclosure plans could make for a nice DIY kit. The big issue Im having now is getting MIDI back into the arduino via USB utilizing the Roland driver. This is crucial if we want any LED feedback.

As for the LED lit arcade buttons, Ill post my ALMOST finished controller tomorrow.
    Cool, do show!
    Consider looking @ sparkfun's eagle library (http://www.opencircuits.com/SFE_Footprint_Library_Eagle), and their standards for buttons matrices.
    They sell assembled boards, as well as rubber overlays for buttons.
    I'm a little more fond of their approach to button pads than Livids, as the boards are a lot more well layed out, they support multi-color leds, etc.

I should be throwing up some pictures of my own button-matrix soon, using it as a prototype for my controller. I'm prototyping with the sparkfun board

Tech Mentor

I recognize the outer units
    you produce nice stuff while dosing:P
    colour is quite dark tho, maybe some light reflection on the units to make it pop out
    (just for presentation)
    cant wait till I get to learn maya much more expressive then photoshop with these kind of mockups.

haha, you did get a bit of track, starting at a sigledeck arduino ending up with that

Yeah.
    I suppose I oughta post it here, but I reckon it'd be bad for business abandon my own thread like that :P

I'm still on track on making my own turntable controller, but who knows, maybe I'll get on to more advanced things when that ones done

EDIT: What'd you think of the mixer though. I'm pretty fond of the smart-mixer faders, as well as the layout. Any thoughts?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast