How to switch off touch/let go vinyl effect in Traktor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    Please if you know or think you know, hit me.
    I don't think we should be condoning violence!

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    Just letting you know I'm still looking for a way to solve this. Please if you know or think you know, hit me.
    Buy a firmware update device and upgrade your device - we sell them on this site, actually djtechtools is the only place in the world you can buy the upgrade cables.

You could also try searching on the Native instruments forum!

Have you tried holding both vinyl buttons on your vci to see if the jogs turn off ? if so you have the updated firmware - also the ones with the updated firmware have a v1.2 sticker on the box. Thats 2 sure fire ways to tell, even the 1.2 firmware i hear though still has some what of a whaaaa sound - this is not a problem with the VCI though, i believe it has to do with how Traktor emulates vinyl.

I do have the new firmware and Bentosan, you are right on the money. It is the emulated vinyl effect that I'm trying to get rid of because it serves no purpose for me. Don't see how it serves any purpose for anyone because anyone who scratches uses a slipmat and one would never have to be THAT exact in releasing the record to give it a clean sound with out the "whaaa".

I have searched the Native instrument forum as well and became member today, still waiting to be verified so I can post my question there as well.

it sounds to me like you just want to change the purpose of the jog wheel to something else...
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Im sorry if it sounds like that, because that is not it. I love the jog wheel and the scratch function. I just don't think it's realistic with the wha-aaa sound that comes everytime you let go of the "record".

Granted, it takes some skills not to release improperly when playing vinyl but with a spinning slipmat under its very easy.

Again, if you are confused as to what it is Im referring to, please take a look at the video where you can hear it, right in the beginning.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Actually this issue is quite well known and there has been members of this forum trying to work on a fix - the problem is very much with Traktor and not the VCI. Aanrii and I have tried ALOT of different approaches to fix this, but they rather creates some sort of other problem or just dont work - its really Traktors responsibility to fix this one, not end users.

I really hope they do address it because I find it absolutely crippling when it comes to scratching and being creative with the wheel when it doesn't release properly to go in sync with the other track.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Default I Finally Found The Solution!

It's been eating at me since I bought my VCI 100 and today I was just randomly browsing through various forums and someone had linked this quote:

"If you look at the midi settings, what midi data is sent in 'Deck Scratch On'? For the new firmware it should be 'Note A#3' for A and 'Note H-3' for B."

Fiiiiiiinally, Now I have a perfect working setup!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast