Vci-100se 3_0 mapping *beta* - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well been using this TSI for about 40 minutes now. Thought i'd give my first impressions...

It took a while to realise that FX banks 3 and 4 were purely for the slice and echo features. And it took me bloody ages to work out the FX bank routing. I still dont really like it. As another guy said, I also used to use the 4 little buttons all the time for effects routing, changing my routing every minute or so sometimes.

The new FX routing system seems much more clumsy. I don't know if its just glitches in the TSI but my laptop momentarily glitches out when i hold down the FX route button, this results in the track slowing down slightly and sounding very weird. Almost as if i've turned on the beatslice, gater and started fiddling with the pitch control at the same time. Very glitchy.

Also i couldn't get the sampler to work at all. I didnt really understand what you meant by pressing the headphone button then a light starts blinking? I didnt see any lights blinking on my VCI or on my screen. Someone else said there are issues with Windows and MIDI light commands? Well thats a massive bummer for me and every other windows user... I also noticed that many of the other lights on my VCI seemed to bug out, get stuck turned on or not turn on at all when I thought they were probably supposed to.

Also there were various what seemed like bugs with the FX selecting buttons. With effects not being able to turn off. At one point i had managed to get the beatmasher stuck on. Took a while to work out how to turn it off

Overall it seems way more complex, which i'm not sure right now is a good or bad thing. I never used all 4 FX banks before so I have to get used to that. I will keep playing around with the mapping and work out how to use these effects properly

Can't think of any other stuff to moan/rant about I'm sure most of the bugs will be ironed out over the next couple of weeks.

Oh and one last point, the new slice feature + the echo + Fader FX = TOTAL COOLAGE. Like seriously, when i tried that out it was so awesome.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Really nice streamlining of the graphics! looks more pro.

As far as the new tsi, it's always 'ah shoot, i was just getting good enough with the other tsi that I can use it without thinking (more beer please ) Now it's back to square one, but some features look really cool, so can't wait to try it...'

What about a discount for previous overlay buyers?

gonna try this later tonight.

Well found out what i believe to be a bug. Or atleast something that should be fixed.

The fader FX mode turns itself off for FX banks 1 and 2 when you start using FX banks 3 and 4 for the echo or slice.

So for example you're rocking out with FX bank 1 with Fader FX and whatever FX preset you want and deside to chuck in some Echo or slice but doing this turns off Fader FX making any fader adjustments affect the deck volume or tempo instead.

Hope i made myself clear!
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Wizard

If i use fx preset 4 on deck A, my crossfader controls dry/wet. Is this supposed to? I must note that i have FW 1.2 still waiting for my upgrade kit. I also don't know if i am going to use tsi 3.0 yet.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nicklebe View Post

Also i couldn't get the sampler to work at all. I didnt really understand what you meant by pressing the headphone button then a light starts blinking? I didnt see any lights blinking on my VCI or on my screen. Someone else said there are issues with Windows and MIDI light commands? Well thats a massive bummer for me and every other windows user... I also noticed that many of the other lights on my VCI seemed to bug out, get stuck turned on or not turn on at all when I thought they were probably supposed to.
    Hi Nicklebe and guys,

My experience so far.

Bugs, Problems and improvements:
    1. The fader FX Mode disenganging when using the dedicated echo or slice buttons is in my opinion disturbing. I think that should be changed.

2. If you do not use the sample button all lights and effects will work (in my tests up till now).
    The Sampler is seriously fu§$%.
    I got it to work twice (with the lights flashing and so on) - but otherwise it kind of got stuck not working and effecting Headphone cue, juggle, Fader fx buttons and lights from not working and/or not lighting up.
    After continuous tests by restarting the vci and reloading the mapping everything seems to work untill the sampler button is engaged.

3. When using echo effect through deck controls you have to hold the used buttons (echo button + jog wheel or echo + play) for thr freeze - making it impossible to do "other things"at the same time. I think the one of the two combinations, the echo + play, should freeze until disengaged with a button. Like the echo + play for the freeze (as it is at the moment) but the combination should toggle the effect and afterwards disengage the freeze by hitting the echo button again.

4. I can't engage the second row of effects on the deck control buttons.
    The way the are colored it should have something to do with shift but I can't get them to work. The drop per shift and cue button works properly...

General Effect Buttons and loading:
    Little button for the presets held and headphone cue of the deck u want to use pushed once will activate the effect for the selected the deck.
    These Preset combinations and settings will only load into either effect abnk 1 or 2.
    Pressing the headphone cue button twice while holding the preset will load preset settings for the effect chain.
    Then press the fader fx button to use the fadre fx controls or select the effects bank one or two to control the effects via the effect knobs top right of the vci.

Effects bank 3 is only for slicer.
    Effects bank4 is only for "echo"

The Sampler
    The sampler with the dedicated volume, glitch etc. knobs did sound cool though when it worked.
    What is kind of bad about that is that the sampler uses the slicer slot 3 (as slicer) sampling 8 beats I think. With top right knobs the length and the "glitch" or buzz can be changed. But as soon as you use the slicer per dedicated button(for effect bank 3) the sample is gone.
    What is kind of good is that you can even use the deck you sampled on and adjust the mix between the track of the deck and the sample with the sample volume knob.

But as I said - then the freak show begins with the lights and buttons not working properly....

Thats it so far.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Tech Mentor

Addition to the Bugs:

-the loaded preset lighting does not work. Most of the time preset two will be lit - the others don't light up.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Quote Originally Posted by advx View Post
    previous posted overlay picture are different with new one
    Yes- we incorporated the feedback of the community into the design and this is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by autonic View Post
    How did you manage to get the function "Effect Button 1" to activate when the volume fader (in fx juggle mode) is turned all the way down? (so that the Delay echoes out)
    that is a custom feature of our 1.3 firmware. not possible any other way

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.R View Post
    Having Midi Output set to the vci-100 (in order to make the lights works) windows users experience major crashes when for example using Fader FX Mode like crazy.
    I was not aware of this problem - let me look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Solo View Post
    " while holding down SLICE and ECHO try messing with the jog wheels. its way cool. "
    Does no always work, most of the time I usually either get echo or slice very rarely they common together!
    sorry- you should hold down one or the other. You can combine them but the jog wheel will only work on the last button you pressed. So try pressing echo and then slice after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nicklebe View Post

As another guy said, I also used to use the 4 little buttons all the time for effects routing, changing my routing every minute or so sometimes.

The new FX routing system seems much more clumsy. I don't know if its just glitches in the TSI but my laptop momentarily glitches out when i hold down the FX route button, this results in the track slowing down slightly and sounding very weird. Almost as if i've turned on the beatslice, gater and started fiddling with the pitch control at the same time. Very glitchy.

the FX routing is much more powerful now. You can route both FX 1 and 2 to all 4 decks which was simply not possible before.

that may be your laptop freaking out as the vci-100 sends out LED data to every button at once. it may just be too much for your lappy and we may need to address that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.R View Post
    -the loaded preset lighting does not work. Most of the time preset two will be lit - the others don't light up.
    yeah- thats broken at the moment. I changed the presets and did not fix the lighting.

i hear a noise when i push the route fx button

good luck and thanks for all your work!!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post

I was not aware of this problem - let me look into it.
    Hi Ean,

this might help:

This link is to a thread (directly page 8) with the "workaround" of the lock-up problem when having the VCI-100 as midi out device and going crazy with midi communication:
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthr...?t=6792&page=8

Here another one:
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2321

There are and were more than these two.

TSI 3_0:

Missing Feature?:
    1. Shift and jogwheel does not store cue points anymore.
    2. Can I still change the effects by selecting the FX Bank and using shift and the effects knob (at work and can't test)? If not I think that would be great [/B]

Comments and thoughts:
    Love the new effects section. Powerful and easy to use.
    Gives me quick access to the effects I generally use.
    Love the presets.

Do not the drop function (shift and cue) - not easy to use on the fly and also not when searching a point to cue. Will have to get use to this or remap somehow.

First thought: This TSI has a better workflow to it than the last ones did.
    Last edited by Leon.R; 01-13-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Tech Guru

Im gonna give this a try when the bugs are a bit more ironed out and I dont have a gig long enough to practise. I was just wondering if this mapping was directly complimenting the midifighter? Meaning that they should work together in a way?
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast