Vci-100se 3_0 mapping *beta* - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    the FX routing is much more powerful now. You can route both FX 1 and 2 to all 4 decks which was simply not possible before.

that may be your laptop freaking out as the vci-100 sends out LED data to every button at once. it may just be too much for your lappy and we may need to address that.
    It is more powerful, i'll give you that. But holding down one of those tiny little buttons then pressing another button still seems clumsy to me. I guess that's just a problem with the VCI itself, doesn't have enough buttons!

My laptop is rather beefy, so don't think it could be that . I would have guessed its the same thing thats stopping LEDS working/flashing properly with windows systems?
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Guru

hmm my vci-100 seems to be totally spazzing out. i am a bit worried that i might just be on firmware 1.2, because i for example cannot get the right SYNC button to stick. but turning the VCI off and pressing the FX preset 2 while turning it back on isnt fixing anything either. at any rate the play button just briefly turns playback on, but even if i hold it immediately stops again. various other buttons are also mis-behaving. here is the output from midi monitor when i press the right sync button and then press the play button. does that look right:
    http://screencast.com/t/MTk3YjBjOTYt
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

ah one piece of feedback about the two juggle 1-4 and 5-8 buttons. why not have the second button work as a juggle 1-8 for the deck in focus?
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    hmm my vci-100 seems to be totally spazzing out. i am a bit worried that i might just be on firmware 1.2, because i for example cannot get the right SYNC button to stick. but turning the VCI off and pressing the FX preset 2 while turning it back on isnt fixing anything either. at any rate the play button just briefly turns playback on, but even if i hold it immediately stops again. various other buttons are also mis-behaving. here is the output from midi monitor when i press the right sync button and then press the play button. does that look right:
    http://screencast.com/t/MTk3YjBjOTYt
    Nuclear LOL.

I didn't even want to mention having the problem after I fixed it.

Check the controller settings and assign your VCI as input and output device:
    Pick your VCI in the drop down Menu and then set as midi in and out in the two boxes next to the drop down on the right side.

EDIT: Important is to have your VCI set as Input device, not "all ports".
    Set the VCI , Loopbe, bomes or whatever you usually have set as output device.
    Last edited by Leon.R; 01-13-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    Im gonna give this a try when the bugs are a bit more ironed out and I dont have a gig long enough to practise. I was just wondering if this mapping was directly complimenting the midifighter? Meaning that they should work together in a way?
    This is the VCI100SE mapping! Not the midifighter!

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.R View Post
    Nuclear LOL.

I didn't even want to mention having the problem after I fixed it.

Check the controller settings and assign your VCI as input and output device:
    Pick your VCI in the drop down Menu and then set as midi in and out in the two boxes next to the drop down on the right side.
    wtf? i thought setting it to all ports was safe?
    working now .. thanks!

Bugs found:

FX Bank 2: Button B doesnt work. C,D works.
    FX Bank 1: B,C,D Works.

FX preset 1-4 leds doesnt works sometime

Tech Wizard

So has the snap button been left for dead? That is a major concern for those of us who don't manually beat grid our tracks before hand. And no quantize button? I assume the ability to store cue points is still available?

I certainly will try this new mapping out. There are some new features that look fun. But from first glance it looks the version 2 mapping better suits more of my needs than version 3. Honestly, the original mock up image of the overlay design for v3 looks more usable. I hope I'm wrong because I'd hate to miss out on the advancements of 3.1, 3.2,etc.

Please don't take this as blind negativity, cause that is not my intent. Just pointing out potential shortcomings in the design as I see them. Why not have a nice long beta test of v3 before printing off overlays and (for the most part) locking in a design template?
    Last edited by kewlbreeze; 01-13-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kewlbreeze View Post
    So has the snap button been left for dead? That is a major concern for those of us who don't manually beat grid our tracks before hand. And no quantize button? I assume the ability to store cue points is still available?
    I mentioned not being able to store cue points - but there is no shift + jogwheel function at the moment so I hope that can be fixed.

I have setup a hotkey on my keyboard for snap and quantize due to the missing buttons. I think once again, shift and the two beat juggle buttons can easily be mapped to engage the missing options.
    If not officially in the next version, which should be out in two weeks with bug fixes and so on, I will at least include those two buttons in "my" mapping. Would gladly share it afterwards.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Tech Guru

1) when fx type 2 is selected, the B button doesnt function.

2) i got the sampler to work once, but now when i press on the sampler, the headphone buttons do not blink. as a matter of fact the headphone buttons fail to function all together.

restarting traktor fixes the headphone buttons. pressing them temporarily sets mod7 to 1 and releasing sets mod7 back to 0 but every press toggles the led state as well as the headphone setting. so far so good.

if i have both headphone button off and press the sampler, mod1 jumps to 5 and toggles back to 0 with every press. none of the headphone buttons blink however. and from now on the headphone buttons do not function anymore, although mod7 still jumps to 1 while pressing one of the headphone buttons.

pressing sampler and pressing one of the headphone buttons turns mod1 to 6 and from now on the sampler does not toggle mod1 back to 0 anymore and so mod1 stays at 6.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast