Vci-100se 3_0 mapping *beta* - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Guru

the behavior of the juggle buttons is also a bit weird, although maybe its design that way:

pressing juggle 1-4 turns on the led, pressing again turns it off
    pressing juggle 5-8 turns on the led, pressing again turns it off
    pressing juggle 1-4 turns on the led, then pressing juggle 5-8 turns on the led there, and disables the led on juggle 1-4.

so for everything makes sense.

if i have juggle 5-8 enabled and then press juggle 1-4 both juggle modes end up being disabled. which effectively means that if juggle 5-8 is active, juggle mode can be turned off by either pressing juggle 1-4 or juggle 5-8.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Going to post as i find

The button first button in effects row that should turn on the beatmasher doesnt do anything. It doesnt light up either.

The effects type button glitchs the sound whenever you press it like the buzz of the slicer.

If you press echo and the jog very quicky almost at the same time together it tends to stop or jam the playing deck and only a spin backwards of the track with the jog sets it going again.

Thats it for now will be back with more if i find them!

Gret work though ean, the use of the echo and slicer functions is second to none!!!

Cheers
    Gav
    Last edited by MisterMoleyMole; 01-14-2010 at 04:22 AM.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Further to my last post ....

- When you turn on the juggle buttons you get an audiable click type sound through the speakers

- If you press and hold both the Slice and jog to quickly you get a locked deck

Tech Convert

First of all I'll say Hi to everyone as this is my first post. And thank you to DJTT and Ean, as this forum and the blog rock. Thanks for all the great work you put in.

Some of the problems I'm experiencing may be due to the fact that I'm using FW 1.2. Hope to upgrade any day now.

Here's some of them:

• Ismith said that his right sync button would not lock on. Well my right one does but my left one does not?........ I've tried changing the controller settings from all ports to the vci as was suggested by someone but this does not seem to change the problem.

• When using the dedicated slicer button or delay button, the deck sometimes stops if you tap the jog wheel just after pressing the button, and pressing play does not start it again the only way I can get it to start playing again is to physically push the jog forward.

• The dedicated filter knobs only go to about + or - 50% (give or take 5% as it's different every time you do it)
    • When pressing the sample button the headphone lights start to flash but when I select deck A with one of them the sampler does not come on. This causes the slicer to be removed from fx bank 3 (you then have to manually load slicer again). And the headphone lights are both locked on sometimes. The sample button then does nothing until I re-start traktor. Then it does the same all over again.
      But I can get the sampler to work when I select deck B but when I press the sample button again to turn it off the beat slicer disappears from fx bank 3 again and has to be reloaded manually. The sampler is still temperamental on deck B and the headphone lights sometimes go off once a deck to sample has been selected then other times both lights stay on.

• When using fx bank 2, button B to turn the fx off and on does not work but button C does.

• Something also seems to be wrong with the Shift + Slice button to get mash and also the shift+ Delay button to get reverb (although this may be me doing something wrong) but when I try these functions nothing happens, but worse still once I have done this and then try and use either the Slice or delay buttons on their own they then have stopped working too, until I press shift again. Maybe it's me doing something wrong here?

As others have said, I think I will also miss the snap button and to a lesser extent the quant button.

Got to say I love the dedicated slice and delay buttons, when used along with the jogs are amazing!
    It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I think once I do the layout of this mapping will be really useful to me. Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ToteyMonkey View Post
    Got to say I love the dedicated slice and delay buttons, when used along with the jogs are amazing!
    q4t
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Quote Originally Posted by kewlbreeze View Post
    q4t
    Must be gettin old ... you crazy kids and your crazy urban speak

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=q4t

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post

I must be getting old aswell, I didn't have a clue what q4t meant until you posted the link so thanks for that.

Tech Guru

when i press and hold shift and press and hold play at the same time (to do re-play) and then release the shift and then release play, the play button is stuck at behaving like re-play until i press shift again.

PS: in case you prefer to get the bugs in a more structured manner, allowing people to more easily say "me too" and provide additional information you could use the google code project i setup for DJTT related development http://code.google.com/p/djtt/issues/list
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post

sorry... been on message boards/forums for far too long

never thought I'd be called a kid with 40 looming in the not too distant future
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Tech Convert

In addition the other things I pointed out earlier I also find a clicking/buzzing type noise when pressing certain buttons. The rute FX button does it, the two juggle mode buttons also do it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast