Vci-100se 3_0 mapping *beta* - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vageotter View Post
    got itr fixed with loopbe1 and bomes!!
    thanks guys
    Why does this fix it? What is causing the noise? Is it a traktor bug or a vci bug ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

not a bug report but some feedback. it would be nice to get quick access to the "freeze trick", that you introduced for changing tempos, via the new mapping. however if i briefly hit the echo button and then select the "freeze" fx button to prepare things, when i then hit the echo button again it deselects the "freeze" fx button. plus when i release the echo button it obviously also kills the fx assignment as well as disables the effect.

not sure if there is any way to get this done. obviously the FX 3/4 are reserved to these magic effect buttons, so there is also no way to just use the manual controls. obviously i can use FX 1/2 for this, but then i need to manually set up everything.

obviously shit+echo/slicer is already mapped to mash/reverb (though actually trying to use this breaks the entire magic effects as other people have reported already).
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

I think I've found another one that I don't think has been mentioned.

When I am in the first efx preset on efx bank 1 (only in advanced efx mode), the X-fader controls the dry/wet. Which is pretty cool, but I don't want it to do this all the time. Maybe it's meant to do this?
    Last edited by ToteyMonkey; 01-16-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Tech Mentor

haven't read through the thread, but grabbing the jog wheel then touching slice/echo makes the track stop cold. Solution -> make slice/echo deactivate scratch mode so traktor "releases the platter" when you're trying to mess with the fx but touch the jog wheel too soon

Default Loop Bug

Activating a loop on deck B momentarily activates sync, and the sync light flashes (as was the behavior in 2.5). This doesnt work on deck A. I can add the funtionality to make loop activation momentarily sync, but I can't get the corresponding sync light flash to work. There's some strange mapping on the A side that doesnt correspond at all with the way it's mapped on the B side.
    Workstation - Intel Core i7/6GB RAM/Win7 x64 Enterprise, Notebook - Dell Latitude E4300/4GB RAM Win7 x86 Enterprise, NI Audio 2 DJ, VCI-100SE, Evolution MK-249c, Mackie MR8's, Ultrasone Proline 650's, Traktor Pro 1.2.4

I got this worked out. I added an in for sync mapped to C6 and set to hold, and changed the out for the sync mapped to a#4 from ch02 to ch01.
    Workstation - Intel Core i7/6GB RAM/Win7 x64 Enterprise, Notebook - Dell Latitude E4300/4GB RAM Win7 x86 Enterprise, NI Audio 2 DJ, VCI-100SE, Evolution MK-249c, Mackie MR8's, Ultrasone Proline 650's, Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Default Liken this so far!

Was fookn aboot on it, this is what i have found using 1.2.3 FW 1.3

The load presets are working fine for me when u hold 1-4 make sure you push the headphones twice, this loads the effects then sets them.

JUGGLE was loading turntable fx or stretch cant remember changed it in midi settings but still having problems with it.

Slice -Keep finger on and turn the jog wheel for cool build up effect. if another effect is on slicer like when you use sampler and you engage it plays the effect and doesn't load slicer

Echo - Working, keep finger on echo for echo(u don't say) touch jog wheel for freeze effect touch again to turn off.

MASH & REVERB where slice and echo are, i cant get them doing anything maybe you have not got round to it yet, i don't no.

Sync - I dont like sync toggle so i changed it to hold on decks B & D but i noticed A & C were already on this but it was toggle when pressed, I changed in midi settings but i cant get it to work as hold.

Whats up with this, how do i change it?

Can any one else confirm what i have said or is this just on my end?

Cant wait till this is fully finished,think it is gona be a monster of a tsi.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 1.24, Vci 100 FW 1.4,Vestax PDX 2000,Vestax PMC 580 Pro. Audio 8 dj, iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Why does this fix it? What is causing the noise? Is it a traktor bug or a vci bug ?
    Anyone?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

Anyone?
    Hi there,

let me say this...

I can reproduce a freeze of traktor accepting vci signals if i go crazy with midi ouput, e.g. 2 deck fader fx mode, on three of my different windows setups with three different soundcards!

From what I understand, it has to do with too much midi output between the vci and traktor.
    AFTER installing loopbe and bomes I can't cause the freeze anymore!
    The two additional programs seem to "thin out" the midi traffic.

And you know what, I just switched back to just the vci and traktor (changed the settings to not route through loopbe and bomes) and can cause a freeze of my DJ System and also have the noises (described in this thread with 3_0) when pressing the preset buttons!

PS: My DJ Setup is in the Signature.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Tech Mentor

Anyone?
    And if I may add - if your not too lazy go ahead and read about the workaround with loopbe and bomes.

Some of the "techheads" around here described it a bit.
    I posted this on page two of this 3_0 thread (so anyone having lockups or the sounds might want to go with this workaround):

Quote Leon.R:

This link is to a thread (directly page 8) with the "workaround" of the lock-up problem when having the VCI-100 as midi out device and going crazy with midi communication:
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthr...?t=6792&page=8

Here another one:
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2321

There are and were more than these two.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast