laptop has 2 headphone outs do i still need an external soundcard?
    Tech Student

Default laptop has 2 headphone outs do i still need an external soundcard?

Hi I just bought a vci-100 i want to be able to play the audio over my speakers and be able to cue the next track in headphones.

My laptop has 2 headphone out jacks, do I still need an external soundcard to do this?

not playing any real gigs or anything just learning at home.

Thanks!

I hardly believe you have, that your laptop has 2 soundcards. I myself have a laptop with 2output's too, but they just double each other(HP Pavilion Dv6500), so no help there, because they are the one and the same output.
    But maybe you have some weird laptop you could use one to cue up tracks and other to play main out, so what's your computer exact name???

But if you have just 2 outputs that double and you find a way to make bouth of them mono(jack1-mono(left)) & (jack2-mono(right)) tell me too, because that would improve my portability a lot:P

Tech Student

i think i have the same thing as you. its an hp pavillion dv6000 so i guess ill have to suck it up and buy a sound card. Anyone know any cheap firewire soundscards

presonus firebox- it's not that cheap but an awesome interface. got it for 1/2 the price on ebay used once..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Student

would this work? its only 59$ on ebay http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/FCA202.aspx