VCI 100 arcade playing up :( Help?

Exclamation VCI 100 arcade playing up :( Help?

HELP! :eek: alright so here is what happened, i recently just modded my VCI 100 to have arcade buttons on it and it looks so sick me and my mate filed away at the thing for hours and then soldered it all together the next day watching the video as we did this and we really took our time to get it right...

But to my dismay... somethings gone horribly wrong... so here is what i see when i try to use my VCI Arcade controller in traktor and my thoughts as to what it could possibly be... any tips or help would truely be appreciated as i have to get this bad boy working for a huge gig in 2 weeks time >_<

Firstly i plug in my VCI 100 to my Macbook and everything looks as it should, all the correct lights are shining and nothings flickering or acting funny, i go to use it but nothing happens, i suddenly realize that i had just changed the mappings for my Midi Fighter so i quickly imported my original TSI that i have always used to see how the controller works.. weirdly enough i go to use the controller again and now none of the buttons are working still... i start turning and pushing all the buttons only to have a few buttons work everynow and then but its not consistant... I then look down at the vci and notice the lights look a little funny so i turn off my light so i can see the controller in the dark and i notice now that all the lights are flickering that are on and i mean ALL the lights, even the ON button is flickering???

So me and my friend took the controller back apart and start back tracking looking at every little thing that we could have touched or moved to make sure everything was still in place and nothing was broken, we cant find anything out of the ordinary.. but then i realized the lights only started flickering when i put my original TSI into traktor, also one thing i also noticed is the Midi light on the VCI lights up as it should and does not flicker, so i reimport my MIDIFIGHTER TSI and find the Lights stay solid again and are no longer flickering??? I then try to remap the controller from scratch only to find when i click learn then move or push a button traktor doesn't read the midi... but the vci midi light still lights up when i move or touch a button.. Suddenly i realize i have not put in the latest Firmware, its as it was from the box, in its original condition no upgrades or nothing apart from putting the arcade buttons on it.

Could all this be because i dont have the 1.3 Firmware update? Only reason i havent updated the firmware is because i dont have the Serial to USB cable that is required... Going to get it either today or tomorrow but please... if anyone has any idea as to what could be causing my VCI to act funny please help i really have to get this working

Thank you in advance.
    Engramik
    Last edited by Midi Kids; 01-24-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

what tsi are u using? is it Ean's tsi? Because that tsi is only for FW 1.3!
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

PROBLEM RESOLVED thank god.... lol so it turns out you need to have the latest firmware and tsi to get the VCI working with the arcade buttons lol
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hmmm, I guess i had 1.3 before I did my button mod - but I would not have thought the firmware was required for the mod itself - only the DJTT tsi.

If you ever have any issues like that Im only an hour and a half away

@Midifidler, Its good to hear someone like you is only around the corner if i ever get stuck and feel its at the end of the road for my midi controller lol il be sure to hit you up

Yeah its really weird i dont know what to make of it..? Because what happend was i uploaded the latest firmware and well the controller still behaved the same with the original tsi i had in... midi showed up on the controller but not on traktor..

However in saying that when i first started it up with the new firmware traktor was reading the midi from the VCI so i then went to put in the TSI i have always used and thats when the controller started playing up again? The lights started flickering and then Traktor couldnt read the midi anymore wtf lol?

I was bout to give up on the thing but i decided i may as well try importing Eans latest TSI and well to my surprise it works perfectly, lights stopped flickering, traktor was picking up the midi messages and it is better then ever but i can say now that haha im honestly to scared to import a new TSI to traktor because of this?
    Last edited by Midi Kids; 01-25-2010 at 06:59 PM.