VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 + - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    @Calvin01: Attached is the official 3_3 tsi that I have changed to incorporate the old style progressive tempo bend. Feel free to download it and try it out. I think it should be what you are asking for.

Also, if the "jog scratch" issue was not present in the 3.0 beta, and this outer jog tempo bend is pretty much the only difference between the two in regards to the jog wheels, then I hope this somehow fixes the jog wheel issue as well. If it does, I'll be happy but also a little confused as to why it worked.

If anyone tries the tsi out and finds that it fixes the much discussed "jog wheel scratch" issue, please let it be known.
    this has fixed it mate.thanx very much.i,ve used it for about 10mins no problems at all in comparison to about 1 minute before.i thought it could,ve been the fact that the slice was left in its position rather than reset but the tempo bend seems have done the job for me so again thanx.doi lose any functonality because of this progressive bend?

Tech Mentor

also when using shift/snap or quantize it selects the cue point juggles aswell as if not using shift.is this normal?

edit:-can confirm jogs definately fixed!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by calvin01; 02-23-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djalexroc View Post
    Everything is working great for me except the sampler but I will try it again tonight. The only thing I am wondering is how to get full pitch range. From top to bottom I am not getting full control of the pitch range.

The reason I am asking is for disco and old school tracks with a live drummer I still use my pitch control when mixing.

Not sure I am describing it right but hopefully someone can give me a tip on what to do. Thank you
    Ean has it set to relative, just go in there and look for the command and change it to direct.

Tech Mentor

@lsmith:

I've found this to work very well for me in live situations and in the studio.

Instead of using shift+jog to drop a cue use it to drop a grid marker ean already has the move grid built in to the mapping and i just use the right and left keys on my keyboard to shorten or lengthen the grid.

I also have the tab key as a deck focus to help you select which track you want to shorten or lengthen the grid.

Finally I use the down key to lock the track.

It depends on you as well. More often than not I shorten.lengthen the grid than moving it so I will probably switch the move grid to my keyboard.

I am investigating how I can add the move grid and adjust grid commands to the outer ring using different modifiers. I'll post up my results when I get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    Ean has it set to relative, just go in there and look for the command and change it to direct.
    thanx a lot man!!

Tech Mentor

no problem, I always change that first thing when I update to new DJTT mappings. I don't like it set to relative, although I am sure Ean has some reasoning behind it, maybe to get more subtle control over the pitch fader.

oh btw, I'm a woman not a man. heheh. Although my screen name does sound a bit manly. It's my favorite Bjork song.

Red face Amended TSI

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    @Calvin01: Attached is the official 3_3 tsi that I have changed to incorporate the old style progressive tempo bend. Feel free to download it and try it out. I think it should be what you are asking for.

Also, if the "jog scratch" issue was not present in the 3.0 beta, and this outer jog tempo bend is pretty much the only difference between the two in regards to the jog wheels, then I hope this somehow fixes the jog wheel issue as well. If it does, I'll be happy but also a little confused as to why it worked.

If anyone tries the tsi out and finds that it fixes the much discussed "jog wheel scratch" issue, please let it be known.
    Could you please post that file again, I can't download it. Thanks.

Tech Mentor

Attachment 2134

never done the attachment thing.hope it works for you.

Jog wheel fix is working for me too. Thanx alot flashflooder and everyone else who helped solve this issue.
    DJ - Macbook pro, TSP 1.2.7, 2 x CDJ1000 MkIII, Xone 92, X1, VCI-100 Arcade FW 1.4, NI Audio 8 DJ, Sony MDR-V700
    Production - Dual core PC, M-box 2, KRK RP8, Novation Remote SL 61, Live 8, Reason 4
    Jack & Jill went up the hill to fetch a crate of Techno!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    Attachment 2134

never done the attachment thing.hope it works for you.
    Works for me as well. There is one more problem I personally experienced during a few sessions with the new 3.3 mapping. My controller freezes sometimes while using FX mode. That means I can't use it till I either restart the VCI or Traktor. Did anyone else expirience the same problem?

Firmware: 1.3 (using a expensive usb cable, so it shouldn't be the problem)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast