VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 + - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
    Love the mapping! The one glitch I'm getting is when using shift and jog wheel to drop a cue point it also momentarily stops the track. It seems like the cue dropping feature and the normal scratch function of the jog wheel happen simultaneously instead of the cue feature over riding the scratch function. I'm using Tractor 1.2.4 on a mac and fw 1.3
    hey i'm getting the same issue, is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by ridim View Post
    hey i'm getting the same issue, is there a fix?
    For now, there is no fix. If you turn scratch off momentarily you can drop your cue without noticing; otherwise, juggle mode is your best bet.

Tech Student

i hear glitches too when i use the fx type and route fx buttons, is this a windows only flaw? i am running win 7 and a firebox and the latest versions of traktor and vci mappings.. also when i sample a beat juggle the pitch goes up and down on the audio being repeated...

Tech Wizard

Default sampler

i'm having problem with the sampler
    it seems that it doesnt really "record" the first part of my sample

example
    i have 8 cues ready (deck b)
    i select the sampler button
    activate it for deck b
    and press the 8 cues buttons in 1,2,3 order alongside the beat of deck A

when i later cranck up the volume of the sampler the first cue is almost always missing and the sound quality is very weird.

anybody else have this problem

macbook ALU
    osx snow leopard latest
    traktor 1.24
    latest mapping
    vic arcade
    10ms delay time
    Last edited by ridim; 03-17-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Tech Student

hey

anyone out there modified their tsi or layout to use an independant knob for key???.... i use the onscreen key knob to put songs on the same key when i mix 90% of the time... i suck and cant figure out how to make the filter the key knob instead, i dont care too much for the filter knob, since the eq already has cut and boost capablities.

i have a vci 100 se and the latest tsi...
    any help is welcomed

f'ok b'ok

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by f'ok View Post
    hey

anyone out there modified their tsi or layout to use an independant knob for key???.... i use the onscreen key knob to put songs on the same key when i mix 90% of the time... i suck and cant figure out how to make the filter the key knob instead, i dont care too much for the filter knob, since the eq already has cut and boost capablities.

i have a vci 100 se and the latest tsi...
    any help is welcomed

f'ok b'ok
    i changed the "gain" knobs into balance knobs, because i have auto-gain turned on.... maybe you can turn those knobs into key knobs, they aren't detented which is good.

Also, this is my first post since joining the board.

Guys, this mapping is UNBELIEVABLE. You should really pat yourselves on the back. You have brought both the vci-100 and traktor to new heights. I'm pretty good with editing midi, but when i persured the .tsi you have created i was amazed..... you guys are truly geniuses with this stuff.

I have a djtt vci-100se and the newest .tsi. oh and traktor pro 1.2.4.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jayzn; 03-29-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling :D

Tech Student

thanks, the gain was a good victim for replacement...

thanks for the idea it worked...

Tech Guru

Curious and I am not at home at the moment and can't check. What does auto gain do?
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Student

auto gain automatically sets the gains of the two songs to match, it seems like there is a pre programmed gain level that traktor likes or is ideal for the output level of the track according to the shnitzels at traktor.. instead of you tweaking the gain as soon as you load the track it pumps up the gain automatically or lowers it depending on the loudness of the track... it seems to work well from what i can hear during my mix, but if there is a certain part of the track you want to blast during your mix you are out of luck unless you blast the eq all the way to the right...

Tech Convert

@ Abyrne7 : it's enabled as default in Ean's mapping. Basically all it does it adjusts the gain of the track to "normalize" it when the track is loaded. As many tracks have a varied peak volume, depending on the way the track was ripped to mp3, there can be quite serious differences in volume. When auto gain is enabled you dont have to worry about mixing out of a track that has a peak 10db higher than the one youre mixing into.... and having the new track completely lost in the mix.

EDIT: in my recent noodlings i have discovered a really cool trick which may or may not be intended...

while a deck is playing use the outside of the jog wheel to get the "pitch bend back" icon highlighted and then hit the echo button.the track will pull a "power off" sound and, well, power down. when you hit6 the play button the track will begin playing backwards! this can be a really cool effect if you USE IT SPARINGLY. I shouldnt need to tell you how cool a fatassed kick drum sounds when going in reverse!

Wondering if that was a side-effect of the mapping or if it was meant to be....
    Last edited by jayzn; 03-29-2010 at 12:08 PM.