VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 + - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    Hey everyone I managed to figure out the jog wheel bug. I've attached the stock ean 3.3 mapping with the bug fixed.

I compared it to my 2.5 and noticed that the new 3.3's command was jog scratch and tempo bend whereas the old only said tempo bend. I've adjusted this and you can download the file or go in there and change it yourself.

if you are having problems with the attached file, just click on this link to download as a .zip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1130745/VCI1..._fixed.tsi.zip
    I want to make sure people are not misled by this. This tsi and associated change should not fix the "jog scratch" issue where people are experiencing the jog wheel let go of the track while your hand is still on the jog wheel and/or is still scratching. If you downloaded it, I would recommend going back to the official DJTT 3.3 TSI Ean posted.

Armyofme is correct that a function which was Tempo Bend in 2.5 is now Jog Scratch + Tempo Bend; however, that function is associated with the outer acrylic portion of the jog wheel and not the inner black jog wheel that controls scratching (when Scratch is on). I couldn't really tell a difference between the pitch bend outer jog wheel function in TSI 2.5 vs TSI 3.3 so I wasn't sure if it was a bug or worth fixing (if ppl think it is, let me know). Also, Armyofme's change was only applied to Decks A/C and not to B/D.

DJTT is investigating the "jog scratch" issue and although some people are still experiencing it, it seems to be a little less consistent among most. It may be an issue introduced in Traktor 1.2.4, but I'm not sure of that either.

If people who are experiencing the jog scratch issue can explain exactly what they were doing when they experience the problem (in addition to firmware and traktor versions) it would help to see if there is any sort of pattern to the bug. I personally have a difficult time replicating it.

@Armyofme: I hope you don't take offense to this, it is just meant to clarify. If you disagree with me, please let me know so I can make sure we aren't misunderstanding each other. If your change does somehow fix the jog scratch problem for you then let me know, as it may be some strange traktor bug.

Tech Student

Default Diggin it

Ean, you and your team are brilliant. I don't know what's in that water up in San Fran, but you guys are pushing dj technology into new realms. I started djing in 1991 in high school using two cassette decks and a radio shack mixer. Then I went to cds. Crates and crates of them. Three years ago I bought a basic vci-100 at guitar center and had no idea what to do with it. Now look at me! I've got a DJ Tech Tools VCI-100se 3.3, and I feel like I'm on top of the world. Thanks for your dedication and time, and to all the other djs that wrote in to help build this unique tool.
    What a community!
    MacBook Pro 4G, Traktor Pro 1.2.4, VCI-100se, 25yo hot girlfriend.

I'm definitely getting the jog wheel bug. It isn't responsive for a fraction of a second, then it responds. I also miss the old behavior in scratch mode on the outer plastic ring, which was tempo nudge up and down. The new behavior is up and down also but a fixed value only; it's very frustrating.

The other problem I'm having is the FX 1-4 buttons don't seem to work at all. I think other people are reporting this too but I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. For me FX Preset 1 stays lit all the time, even after it's pushed, and pushing any of the 4 presets doesn't seem to do a damn thing - the little red light blinks dimly on for a second and disappears but there seems to be no effect on traktor at all. I loaded the tsi a couple of times just to be sure but nothing changes there.

Also +1 for blue lights rather than green

OK one more annoyance ... I really liked the behavior of the "Cue" and "Play" buttons in the old mapping. I'd really like to change "Play" back the way it was (play from last cue point rather than play/pause) ... I'm sure this is easy to do but I'm confused by all the different "Play" commands in the tsi file -- is there an easy way to figure out what to change here?

I'm going to post a couple other anomalies that seem strange here: When I try to set a cue point using shift + touching the jog wheel, it works, but the track also stops for a sec -- obviously that shouldn't be happening (and it doesn't in the video when Ean does it).... The other thing is I am getting different behavior with shift + Sync for key lock -- on deck A it also toggles sync but on deck B it operates independently.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    Hey everyone I managed to figure out the jog wheel bug. I've attached the stock ean 3.3 mapping with the bug fixed.

I compared it to my 2.5 and noticed that the new 3.3's command was jog scratch and tempo bend whereas the old only said tempo bend. I've adjusted this and you can download the file or go in there and change it yourself.

if you are having problems with the attached file, just click on this link to download as a .zip.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1130745/VCI1..._fixed.tsi.zip
    fixed!!!!!! i,ve only had it on for 5 mins so far so good.i said the posted 2.5 file had favourites ticked....thanx man

Tech Mentor

sorrys guys got ahead of myself.same problem although progressive bend now works.

Tech Mentor

it has fixed a/c but not b/d no progressive pitch on b/d eithergood effort though halfway there.

flashflooder you mention the jog scratch +bend on the rim of the jog.what is the purpose of this?i understand the shift option to align the tracks(great idea)but without shift im not seeing how this is better than the 2.5 way.would the progressive pitch bend make something else not work?.please elaborate.

btw i do have the box ticked for progressive bend.
    Last edited by calvin01; 02-20-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    OK one more annoyance ... I really liked the behavior of the "Cue" and "Play" buttons in the old mapping. I'd really like to change "Play" back the way it was (play from last cue point rather than play/pause) ... I'm sure this is easy to do but I'm confused by all the different "Play" commands in the tsi file -- is there an easy way to figure out what to change here?
    I feel ya man. If you figure out how to change it shoot me a PM. Im going to try to work on it this weekend. I think maybe shift play could be pause. Sometimes i need to return to the last cue point, but need to let it play without keeping the button pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I feel ya man. If you figure out how to change it shoot me a PM. Im going to try to work on it this weekend. I think maybe shift play could be pause. Sometimes i need to return to the last cue point, but need to let it play without keeping the button pressed.
    me too ... i want the old way back. Dont quite see the point of thsi new method.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast