VCi-100SE Mappings (Older Versions) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default TSI for old overlay?

is there a tsi that works with the overlay i have right now... ?

thanks,

Default Link appears broken, tsi files not importing midi

I have the old 2.5 and 2.4 mappings, but traktor 1.2.6, which I had to download in order to re-install TSP on my new MBP (for some reason it couldn't find its directories, wouldn't load, etc. post migration from old MBP), which is running OS 10.6.4.

When I try to import the .tsi, it doesn't give me the option to bring in MIDI mapping, just GUI, EFX and All other.

Is this a Snow Leopard issue, or a TSP 1.2.6 issue, or both, or neither?

I also could not locate the old mappings on the site to re-download and try again; the link appears broken...

Very puzzled. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Click Mappings in the header, then OlderV2Mapping on that page. It will take you to a forum thread that has 2.4 and 2.5 attached.

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Phil, I was able to download the old 2.4 and 2.5 .tsi files, but they still don't import into TSP with the ability to bring in the settings I need. This is weird. I can only imagine it's a 1.2.6 TSP/SL issue.

Are you using the big import button at the bottom of the preferences window (I think you are)? If so try using the small import button in Controller Settings, just to get the VCI part in. Then you may have to manually set-up the rest of the preferences as they have changed at 1.2.4.

Maybe someone else knows why 1.2.6 does not like pre-1.2.4 TSIs. If not we can ask Karlos to find out next week when he's back.

Phil.

Wow. OK, I figured it out. It was loading some previous version of TSP...not 1.2.6 at all. I wondered why things were looking so off! Thanks for the patient advice.

Tech Student

Hi, I'm from argentina and new in the forum. I can`t download de tsi. Someone can upload to megaupload o something similar?? thanks

Pablo

Tech Student

I've read this thread and many others and I cannot seem to find the answer to my problem. Sincere apologies if it is glaringly obvious, but this is confusing and I've become desperate.

I have an older VCI-100SE, bought from DJTT in 2009. I'm unable to determine the firmware version using any of the methods suggested; nothing happens. Attached is a photo so that the mods and other experts can see exactly what overlay version I'm using.

What I need is the mapping file for Traktor Pro 1.2.4 that syncs up with this overlay. The two files available at the top of the thread are not doing it for me. The loop buttons are all wrong, for example. Is there a mapping file for this version of the overlay for Traktor Pro? When I got this I think we were still in Traktor DJ Studio 3 but that quit working after my Snow Leopard upgrade.

Please help, tomorrow is my first gig in ages.

@Khouri
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

That overlay is definitely for Traktor 3, as it matches the one on page 1 of this thread. The TKS file for it is in a link right under the picture of the overlay, and I think TKS are still importable in Traktor Pro (don't shoot me if I'm wrong). So you can try this.

For a more recent TSI, I suggest you get a new overlay. This won't help you for tomorrow though. Also, you should always update you Traktor to the newest version, we are at 1.2.6 now.

For the firmware, if you bought the VCI from DJTT in 2009, I think it should have 1.3 in it.

Let us know how you get on, or if you have any more questions.

Phil.

Tech Student

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work out how to import a TKS file into Traktor Pro (there are conflicting reports as to whether it can be done) but I appreciated the prompt help nonetheless. Very glad to know there's such a great community service in the form of this message board.

The gig went very well. It was just a gallery/showroom thing for a home design studio so I didn't need to play any dance music, but I was afraid things might get crazy by the end of the night and wanted to be prepared, hence my panicked post. Despite my mismatched VCI-100SE overlay and TSI file, the crossfader and sync button functions remained consistent so I was able to get away with everything I needed to. (setlist can be found here)

I haven't DJ'd in ages, which is why I'd missed the updates to the overlay and software. Frankly, I'd been considering selling my VCI-100SE but I think I'll make all the latest updates to the overlay and firmware and see what happens. Vestax's Apple Store-exclusive controller is probably plenty good for my needs if I continue to do gigs of this more relaxed nature.

Thanks again, Phil!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast