DJ Nostradamus: Your Predictions and Prophecies? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I definatelty think based on how top 40 and with the rise of electro and dubstep, that the rave culture will blossom once again. I predict the anti-rave act will be abolished (its against our rights afterall) DJing will be about taking familiar sounds and giving a personal interpretation of it. Software will be about user choice and less about learning a static interface/workflow. Wireless controllers/mixers will be born since controllerism will be widely accepted and the need for rapid setup will be spawned. Controllers will be completely modular. Its up to the DJ to decided where and how he wants his controls to work. He decides how much is touch sensitive, analog, ect. Vinyl will never die, but CD's will. Record shops will carry vinyl again as the consumer can just buy tracks on beatport and burn their own cd's with just the music they like. Pot will be globally legalized.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

i <3 your version of the future Animus

Tech Wizard

As far as technology goes, I think it's only a matter of time before software companies (Traktor and etc) adapt to the emerging multi-touchscreen market which will allow hands-on control without the need for a controller. Maybe it'll spread to DAWs as well - making the writing process more organic and possibly faster. The technology is all there (Lemur and the table (can't remember the name of it) are just a few of them), just not the cost yet.

Basically what Wii did for video game controls, I predict the same will happen for live performance and production.

Same goes for audio formats as well. There are already audio formats in works that are more like archives that contain the studio master/stem tracks ready for remixing. I suspect this one would take a bit longer though, since it'll be tough replacing the dominant mp3 format with a bigger file. It'll make more sense when the internet connection speeds get faster and the terrabyte hard drives are in the double digits in regards to capacity.

I predict that Apple's iPad will take the dj/producer game by storm. its going to push dj's into the producers world and vice versa. Daft Punk style dj sets are going to become the norm in 2010 and foward.

Clubs are going to die and dive bars and small lounges will be on the rise. People dont want to waste there money on bottle service and crazy ass door cover. Dj's listen up! You want to get known, get a residency and a small bar that holds +100 people. No Cover, cheap booze and good music will bring people in. No matter what day off the week it is.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I predict that Apple's iPad will take the dj/producer game by storm. its going to push dj's into the producers world and vice versa. Daft Punk style dj sets are going to become the norm in 2010 and foward.

I hate to bring the fight to this thread, but even though it looks good in theory, I honestly don't see the ipad as a serious contender.

Considering how protective Apple are of their hardware, I doubt that you'll be able to physically connect the ipad to anything. And if somebody develops an app that lets you use it is a wireless controller, it's still not a stable enough system to use for gigs.

So as far as using it as a standalone piece of hardware - no way in hell. As a controller - possible, but not likely.
    There's always hope for the next generation, though I could be wrong.

As for small clubs - where are the people supposed to dance?

Mudo

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Thats my dream !

I think a mixture of the user modifications working on commercial grade software will be the downfall of all the other music companies that leave their software closed off to the outside world(nearly every piece of dj software out there). The possibilities of doing what Ableton and Max are doing together is amazing and has certainly raised the bar to a new standard !

The best parts of open source and commercial software production will be mangled into a single entity which will free all musicians of many of the chains that currently hold back their creativity.

I for one am happy to partake in such a revolution
    Yes, maybe will do it with Ms pinky...

xD

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Animus View Post
    I definatelty think based on how top 40 and with the rise of electro and dubstep, that the rave culture will blossom once again.
    Agreed , I can see the trend here in Canada. Black Eyed Peas, LMFAO, Lady Gaga and many others have all been incorperating Electro style in their music. And they are the biggest names!

Pot will be globally legalized.
    I wish!
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biosyn View Post
    As for small clubs - where are the people supposed to dance?
    On top of each other. Combined with alcohol it leads to more sexy times
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Pot will be globally legalized.
    I predict you will still be saying that in 30 years time.

Never gonna happen.

I also predict that in 30 years time Daft Punk will have at least 1 more album out. Or am i being too much of a dreamer.

Tech Guru

Do not fear! Tron Legacy is here!!!!! with music by daft punk

Also. I actually think we will see a lot more Brain controlled midi controllers. I've seen some tests, people controlling faders in ableton with their brain (they can only do one right now). I think thats an interesting prospect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast