DJ Nostradamus: Your Predictions and Prophecies? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

DJTechTools will blow up. DVS scratch djs are gunna have laptop battles, DMC will still exist, house and electro beats will have more complex drum beats that arent exactly the same in every song (dont start, i love electro and alot of house, i dont wanna hear it) karlos will be drunk, and people will more widely accept digital DJing. oh and the wonky dubstep and wonky electro is gunna catch on really hard in top40s beats too....
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Quote Originally Posted by biosyn View Post
    I hate to bring the fight to this thread, but even though it looks good in theory, I honestly don't see the ipad as a serious contender.

Considering how protective Apple are of their hardware, I doubt that you'll be able to physically connect the ipad to anything. And if somebody develops an app that lets you use it is a wireless controller, it's still not a stable enough system to use for gigs.

So as far as using it as a standalone piece of hardware - no way in hell. As a controller - possible, but not likely.
    There's always hope for the next generation, though I could be wrong.

As for small clubs - where are the people supposed to dance?
    iPad + Touch OSC =

is you want to make your custom layout, just use TouchOSC editor

as far as small clubs...where are people supposed to dance? Well it makes it very interesting when you have a small place with a lot of people dancing together. Just like Dvls said its makes for very sexy times!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    Do not fear! Tron Legacy is here!!!!! with music by daft punk
    Yeah thats the 1 album i was referring to

K

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    iPad + Touch OSC =

is you want to make your custom layout, just use TouchOSC editor

Alright, I take it back. Though I'd still be wary of using a wireless controller.

Tech Wizard

I predict that UK funky will become huge. Though I'm so disconnected from the goings on of genres of music that don't have -house at the end of them it might well have already gotten huge and I don't know about it.

Sorry lads, you are obsolete.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default what thafutur will bring

multi-touch, multi-funktion, multi-control surface scratches/cues/triggers/loops/samples. Basically all the stuff that we are doing right now, but with added controls

Thanks Ean for showing me the pitch-scratch. I was a little confounded about how to use it intially, but it did inspire, so really thanks. I'm working with key+scratch right now.

I'm thinking traditional faders, either analouge or digital, with a small midi button on it to be mapped to you weapon of choice. I'm thinking..a host of buttons near the faders that will enable the fader to control normal fader use , +key, pitch, FX, loop, etc.

And last, but certainly not least, the futur will bring the golden 3ds from the first DMC sponsored midi controllerism battle back to my mantle.

Tech Guru

Sorry to revive a dying thread. I was just watching some red bull music academy lectures and something occurred to me. A-Trak was going on about how Serato/Laptop DJing has made it so easy for everyone to basically have a bit of everything. Even now I admit that I go to blogs for certain genres and grab the best of the best. So everyone can be playing a lot of the same stuff and you need to way to play that is still unique to you.

I think we're entering the age of the DJ as an all around entertainer. The DJ isn't just there to play music anymore. The DJ is there to start the party and they'll need new ways of crowd interaction to set them apart.

Default Cue/sample-drop/no-fader/scratching going Hyperbolic!

I bet this goes nuts as more and more people see how simple it is.

Setting cues in a sample. using buttons to move thru the sample as you scratch.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast