ddm4000 midi setup to traktor scratch pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default ddm4000 midi setup to traktor scratch pro

hello guys,i need some help on how i can be able to use my ddm4000 as a midi control of my TSpro?im havin a headache lastnyt figuring out..this is what ive done last nyt...(with an ALESIS usb to midi cable) i plug the midi out(only) at the back of my mixer (midi output) then i plug the usb to my computer with TSpro,ofcourse the comp recognizes it then i tik the sampler,mic (box) as well as ch.1 and 2 of the midi settings of the ddm4000 aftr that i go to my controll mngr settings on TSpro and import the ddm4000 tsi but it ddnt work...

i wonder where did i go wrong?do i need to plug my audio 8 as well?am i using the right usb to midi cable?
    TSpro,audio 8,DDM4000,alesis usb to midi cable,dns3500,XP sp3,1tb hdd

Tech Wizard

HI,
    I have a similar setup USB to midi for the DDM 4000 it deals with something called "Midi Flow" or "Signal Flow"(whichever you like it's the same) but in order to make it a complete midi curcuit, make sure have it plugged in like this:

1.USB in PC (of course)

2.(now this may get a little confusing) on the cable it may say "midi in" or find some kind of indication on the cable that says the midi flow goes in, plug that into midi out on the back on the DDM.

3.and same fore the other plug " the midi out" into the "midi in" on the DDM.

I'm guessing that you have the channels ect.. on the ddm turned on for midi
    and also in traktor you may need to select the midi device on by selecting it in the control manager in traktor 1.2 or in midi setup in 1.1 by clicking a x in the active box.

hopes this helps any probs message me.

Tech Convert

Thanx PIONEER PROJ!!!

i will try it now thanx for the reply,i'll let u know what happen..cheers!

Tech Wizard

No Probs

Tech Mentor

i have an issue with my ddm4000 too. i set an out mapping to turn CC 71 on when i hit a button, the light only lights up for a sec, and it wont stay lit.

Tech Convert

Zup again pioneer proj,i already manage to control it but i did it thru my 2nd netbook(atom processor) with a demo version of traktor..im wondering y it didnt work with my 1st loptop(intel core duo) with the license TSpro?i already tried plugging it on the 4 usb ports of my 1st loptop but i cant still make it work..it is both xp with a minimum requirements of traktor but the thing is my netbook is new,and i dont want to use this netbook for my TSpro because i think its struggling because i can see that cpu bar on top of tspro is goin a bit high specially when im loading track to the other deck or using both the effects,unlyk my 1st loptop he is not struggling with a little bit of cpu usage on it,,,(correct me if im wrong with this idea).....and how can i be able to hear my music from my mixer?coz i just hear it on my loptop?in short how would the sounds come out of my ddm4k? ....waiting fo ur reply guys!thanx a lot!

Tech Wizard

Wink

ok found this forum thread on how to set up your midi it's more comprehensive than what I can explain:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...pping+ddm+4000

Firstly the ddm will not show up as a midi controller it's self it just sends midi to traktor you need to have your usb midi cable selected that ur midi scource or have all midi port open traktor will see your cable providing your drivers are installed...

your audio secondly and first laptop presume that you on tspro with license now Ive heard that you need to connect the NI DJ audio interface as this works as a dongle in order for traktor to work if it's legal version (I started with torq and it did this, serato dose this too so iv'e heard) now as for the audio routing
    when NI audio interface hooked up start traktor hit preference> audio setup, select NI interface.
    then select input routing this is if u use time codes, ok how to configure:
    NI audio-8 has 4 audio in and 4 audio out in the screen you will have drop down menus for each deck 2 on each deck these are the audio in for where you timecode signal comes in to trakor.

deck A got to top drop down you should see all audio ins after clicked on use input 1 for left channel and input 2 for right play you cd or vinyl you should see blue signal now do same fo other deck going up in numerical sequence eg
    Deck A left: input 1 right: input 2
    Deck B left: input 3 right: input 4

same theory in the output routing just gotta play until you get the audio to you mixer channels

the you gotta configure timecodes it's easier using the cd's than vinyl you need a circle for it to be ok, but it self explanitory in the time code set up set channel a to deck a ect...

any prob you know the drill...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    i have an issue with my ddm4000 too. i set an out mapping to turn CC 71 on when i hit a button, the light only lights up for a sec, and it wont stay lit.
    guessing led prob sorry wrong thred try here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8660

By the way there is no cc71 not on my ddm midi send map (the other bit a paper I got wit the instruction) if ya use that it helps a lot you dont get lost so easy. plus I found out when yuo set ur midi output for a led example cc56 (high kill) on channel 1 if u have that a FX on in traktor and set it as a toggle it acts the same way it will stay on, BUT!!! cum across some where on here there is a bug that they don't stay on that long but can't say thats's happened to me yet??? (fingers crossed)

Tech Convert

Thanx PIONEER!....so u mean to say that i'll hook-up as well BOTH my audio 8 usb cable and the midi cable(usb plug) on my loptop? i will try it now (again)..let u know what happen..by the way there is nothing on the thread that u gave me,its an error...hope u gave me 1 again..thanx!

Tech Wizard

yep hook up both, plus the thread, try again lolz...

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthr...light=ddm+4000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast