What is your day job? (If any) - Page 31
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

I am a oilfield services contractor (small business owner, I run a 1 ton with tools 2 hands and myself though I just bought a new truck that I am in the process of getting rigged out hooray for capitalist expansion) in the natural gas industry, basically a glorified mr. fixit...it pays extremely well while the industry is in an upswing...when it goes down I'll probably start selling crack....
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

I'm a freshman in college & work for 2 companies that I both do the same thing in. I basically set up for various concerts, shows & festivals.

I work at a company called Magna, they're a Multi-national company with thousands of employees over the whole world, they specialize in making parts for the automobile industry.

I work here in the Belgian plant as a Control Technician, where we make bumpers/bodykits for a lot of different brands. I work at the Paintshop, where the whole paint-process is fully automated and that's basicly the territory of me & my boss.

It goes from Electronic/Electrical issues to being Administrators of the computer network, to PLC programming, to basicly solving about every problem in the whole production process when somebody else can't
    Last edited by Fraa; 04-20-2011 at 12:47 AM.

How do you go about teaching football for a living in Madrid and then go back to IT? It seems you have some talent then...
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    Like did you attend a special maritime engineering program?
    No no, i just trained at a normal College, got my qualifications and just had to get specific training from the guys that supply us the equipment.

It's quite an interesting job.

Crushed my t12 vertabrae 2 years ago the Goverment now pays me to stay at home smoke weed and mix tunes its a hard life but someones gotta do it!
    Spawnafunk(GHETTO SMURF)
    MPD 24,X1,Numark x9,Alesis M1 active,Sony Vaio,Audio dj 6,Traktor Pro 2,and an empty wallet

Tech Mentor

Realtor!!!!!!!!

I work in IT seeting up equipment to provide TV graphics to golfing events like the ryder cup. we Provide graphics to Sky, BBC etc

So I get to travel to all the places that the golf is being played! Will get to go to some pretty exotic places in the far east once i get a bit more skilled in the job.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    I work for a boutique production company in the Napa Valley. I construct custom stages, work as a sound engineer, lighting tech, and do special event management. I also get to DJ/VJ many of the events that I work at, which is actually where I got my start as a DJ. On the side I design and install PC-based home entertainment systems for the rich old guys that I meet at these events.
    That's awesome, I live in Napa. Glad to know the valley has another fellow DJTT'er.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Part time racing tranny builder..(we have guys running 8's in the quarter with our 4l80's and one of the fastest releasing tansbrake on the market.)
    Full time I work on my families farm keeping the equipment and everything in running condition.
    Gonna try and get into some kind of college this fall.. Torn between Music Theory and pursuing my automotive knowledge...

I'm a bedroom dj/gear whore.. Been on the production side of things lately but that changes with the weather..
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..