What is your day job? (If any) - Page 39
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post

(open to psychological discussions)

i have conversations with crazy people on a regular basis...
    I down for that.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFandango View Post
    oh no way! That's dope, what kinda shit you deal with mostly?

oli you moved here too? haha seems everyone from DJF is slowly migrating.
    haha. hey hey, been lurking here a while actually, especially since I went all digital. Whats your DJF name?

I'm mostly involved in soil and groundwater assessment and remediation as well as environmental auditing and industrial hygiene etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    haha. hey hey, been lurking here a while actually, especially since I went all digital. Whats your DJF name?

I'm mostly involved in soil and groundwater assessment and remediation as well as environmental auditing and industrial hygiene etc.
    im roman-k on DJF.

that's cool haha so random to run into someone in the same trade. I deal with pretty much anything landfill related, soil vapour extraction, leachate collection, biosolids...yada yada. Also dredging, dewatering and lagoon cleaning as of late. Then some random demo work here and there.

I dealt with some soil remediation stuff, not for me haha there's lots of it going on out west in British Columbia. You likin' it?

I work on a cruise ship.

I run one of the restaurants by day/night, and after hours I DJ.

It pays well, and this job has afforded me the opportunity to travel around the world 3 times literally..

I normally only play 1-2 times a week, not at much as I'd like, but I don't really have time to play more. I work 70-80 hours a week, so not much time to go track hunting, internet, etc!

It does have its advantages though. I get a 2 month vacation every 4 months worked, and then I get to do everything I couldn't do onboard! It also pays more than enough for all the bills plus finance my R.G.A.S!

So I guess its a fair trade off.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFandango View Post
    im roman-k on DJF.

that's cool haha so random to run into someone in the same trade. I deal with pretty much anything landfill related, soil vapour extraction, leachate collection, biosolids...yada yada. Also dredging, dewatering and lagoon cleaning as of late. Then some random demo work here and there.

I dealt with some soil remediation stuff, not for me haha there's lots of it going on out west in British Columbia. You likin' it?
    Nice one mate. I've done a bit of landfill stuff in the past. Leachate monitoring and stuff. That shit smells bad. Like real bad. I did a bit of small scale assessment and remediation when I was living in BC last year, you Canadian guys have some crazy asbestos issues!!!

Back in Oz now doing petroleum and mine based stuff. Its OK. Pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Nice one mate. I've done a bit of landfill stuff in the past. Leachate monitoring and stuff. That shit smells bad. Like real bad. I did a bit of small scale assessment and remediation when I was living in BC last year, you Canadian guys have some crazy asbestos issues!!!

Back in Oz now doing petroleum and mine based stuff. Its OK. Pays the bills.
    hahahahahaha its true, they used it for insulation like crazy... Nearly everytime there's any demo work to be done there will be asbestos. Which is why i hate demo jobs.

Yeah anything at a landfill smells terrible. Right now we just finished dewatering the sewage lagoons for biosolids. All I can say is I'm so glad I was only out in the field for 2 days of that.

Tech Wizard

Security instructor/ use of force instructor in my own company.

i manage a supplement/nutrition company in new orleans , louisiana.
    fun job, always something. Dealing with random customers to making orders, and doing seminars to promo/bodybuilding shows around the southern gulf coast
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Tech Student

In my experience the more you can offer ppl the better your chances of success. During the day i run a DJ Store and School called DJ Mix Club, i write technical reviews for some local mags every couple weeks, i'm a 8 year resident DJ at a club and produce my own stuff and a band i play bass and keys in.

Wasn't it Einstein who said "If you love what you do, you won't work a day in your life." great motto to live by :-)
    Control your microcosm, change your paradigm!

Tech Student

Hey everyone! I'm a senior accounting student going to school in Atlanta. During school I work on case studies and read through 10Ks and at night I DJ various greek events at Emory and I have an opening slot at Opera Nightclub.

During the summer i've been interning at a big 4 firm in Columbus, OH during the week djing on weekends.

It's gonna be kinda hard to keep the dj thing going once I get into full time accounting work, but i'm gonna try!