What is your day job? (If any) - Page 8
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

i am a charity worker in the UK. i train young people to do international charity work, especially humanitarian work and organize short term trips abroad. its pretty fly.

Tech Wizard

not an engineer not a firefighter, not eaven working 4 a insurance company
    im a cinema technician/projectionist in few small traditional cinemas.
    have alot of time and in the night i can do whatever i want .. and 4 how long i want
    the payment is great but eaven that is not enough....
    few years back i didnt give a damn about how much i spend and now im
    payin the bills..
    but the thing is that i somehow enjoy my life eaven more now with less
    the things i have i enjoy intensely

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

test engineer for a large scale defense contractor,

and an event planner on weekends.
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    Nah dude I am a second year university student majoring in psychology. You aren't alone :P
    I have a double BA on Anthropology and Psychology. Now I'm an IT system admin. You can study what you love and then diversify yourself to whatever you want. Im did some computer certifications and as soon as I finish some more I plan to move to another country.

Since Im not married or have any kids (that I know of) you are free to do this type of things. The less you are committed with family stuff (or material stuff liike paying a car or a house) the more freedom you have. I have an upper hand in this since Im bilingual so I can go to Europe, south America, USA.... Life is too short and there are so many wonderful things to see and do that getting trapped in a 9-5 job enjoying a comfort zone can make several years feel like several weeks. In a blink of an eye you can be 40 and hopeless.

Say you are an engineer? Well, you can find a job at that at some other company elsewhere and get to live a year or two in some other country. I do system admin and I know I can go to pretty much anywhere computers are used. When you get to realize that a job is an evolution of slavery, just giving you enough to go month after month and have you come back for more is pretty easy to get disgruntled and say F this S.

The internet is the most powerful tool you can have in your quest to broaden your horizons and websites like http://www.couchsurfing.org/ can be an inexpensive way to really go somewhere to meet the place as well as new friends. Why Im saying this? i have no idea but Im getting kind of bored of where im currently living and having lived in NYC, NC, PR, GA Europe look fun and South America exotic. Lets see how the next couple months play out and Ill be posting here from somewhere else.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

I go to Bard. It's about an hour and a half north of NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    I'm an English Major (and potentially Journalism Minor) at Eastern Illinois University, which is about 250 miles South of Chicago.

I wanted to be an English teacher, but I became all too aware of an over-saturated market of people who want to do just that, so I had to switch majors.

Where are you going to school?

Tech Guru

Full time Student studying Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech, part time I get money calling Alumni and DJing
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    I sell certain substances

I get state hand outs to pay rent and council tax

I DJ for cash on the weekends

all good

make more money than a city banker
    so your a drug dealer and live off tax payer dollars?

classy guy.

Tech Wizard

I work for an IT consulting firm

Any Canadians in here, I go to the University of Ottawa for Poli Sci and Communications.

Tech Guru

Secret agent millionaire astronaut here. Yeah, it aint easy, but someone has to do it.

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast