difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers ?

Default difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers ?

Hi,
    I would like to know what is the difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers.
    i.e. the Westone UM2X, UM3X,...
    Can anyone talk about his experience with one of these products ?

thank you !

1 balanced armature usually use bigger membranes, therefore resulting in more impact.
    2 balanced armatures are good for drums, but the midrange usually lacks at the xover point
    3 and forth are amazing. Especially customs.
    I particularly love 3+1 (armature+dynamic) headphones, that provide extreme balance in the mid to high tones and heavy impact in the bass.

I suggest if going for armature stuff, to go custom. I really dislike universal armature phones..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    1 balanced armature usually use bigger membranes, therefore resulting in more impact.
    2 balanced armatures are good for drums, but the midrange usually lacks at the xover point
    3 and forth are amazing. Especially customs.
    I particularly love 3+1 (armature+dynamic) headphones, that provide extreme balance in the mid to high tones and heavy impact in the bass.

I suggest if going for armature stuff, to go custom. I really dislike universal armature phones..
    Well said. My experience with iems bears out Polygon's points. Short of full shell customs I would stress the importance of finding a tip that works for your ears. Something like the Monster Gel and Foam SuperTip Sampler Starter Kit makes a dramatic difference with even low end iems.

Happy hunting!