Recommend me some Dubstep. - Page 15
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Default Dubstep, Yeah, It's kind of like that.

Last edited by eastcoastams; 05-08-2010 at 03:37 PM.

There was one not that long ago thats 14 pages long here, id say keep using that one since its already decently sized - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=1549&page=14

Edit... scrap that ! Threads merged

Thanks Bento!

I guess this song just came out may 4th. Say what you want about Rusko, but this is a great song, and is unlike a lot of his other songs (for once).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auT66nczMVE

edit: and now that I actually think about it, this isn't really dubstep exactly... oops. Still a great track.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Guru

nah, thats definitely dubstep man. It breaks into some floor on the floor sections, but it retains much of the basic elements of dubstep, which is definitly evolving (vocals are probably one of the biggest changes). The clap pattern (even though it isnt on the 3) is what keeps it in the dubstep feel for me personally, he has a number of percussion patterns, but they all have that sort of that side to side shuffle feel. I thought this was the best song off his album by far.

If you guys feel like hearing some opinions on his last album, i did a sort of blog rant/freewriting thing on it as I cycled through it 4 or 5 times after picking it up. Read it Here

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    nah, thats definitely dubstep man. It breaks into some floor on the floor sections, but it retains much of the basic elements of dubstep, which is definitly evolving (vocals are probably one of the biggest changes). The clap pattern (even though it isnt on the 3) is what keeps it in the dubstep feel for me personally, he has a number of percussion patterns, but they all have that sort of that side to side shuffle feel. I thought this was the best song off his album by far.

If you guys feel like hearing some opinions on his last album, i did a sort of blog rant/freewriting thing on it as I cycled through it 4 or 5 times after picking it up. Read it Here
    I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't dubstep, I guess what I meant was that it isn't exactly "run-of-the-mill" wobbly bass with hard claps/snares on every 3rd beat. It does, however, have that dark dubstep feel.

And it certainly isn't like anything else I've heard from Rusko.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't dubstep, I guess what I meant was that it isn't exactly "run-of-the-mill" wobbly bass with hard claps/snares on every 3rd beat. It does, however, have that dark dubstep feel.

And it certainly isn't like anything else I've heard from Rusko.
    Yeah, same here haha, I wasnt trying to attack you for saying it wasnt really dubstep, I was just kinda saying "yeah... I think its dubstep too" like you stated in the beginning of your post prior to the edit.

His album was kind of a disappointment, it was neither super super mainstream, or a great collection of more standard dubstep fare, but there were some good tune on it.

The subfocus remix to that rusko track is way better, IMO

Tech Guru

oh, your on. Time to fight!!!!

haha. I dunno, There were some parts of the sub focus mix that I really liked (as in, the drop). However, there were some parts I HATED (as in, the candy raver piano line, the stereotypical commercial hip hop snare rattling away like a machine gun with no balls). It was just... poor taste, and the fact that I like the drop just made me dislike the song even more due to the fact that it had great potential.