VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.3.1 available - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Just thought I'd let you all know I upgraded my firmware today to this version.

Results:

The pitch faders are now much more accurate - before each step was 0.16 bpm - now it is 0.03 or 0.04 bpm - thats with the pitch range set at 8%, but mez is right you do lose a bit - its actually +- 7.4%

The jog wheels feel a bit more responsive - im not a scratcher but it seems pretty accurate.

When in scratch mode you can pitch bend using the outside by changing the mapping to channel 2 - I just used midi learn.

The left sync button is now fixed.

The 4 bottom buttons led's now work fine.

In other words everything works just like davex says..

Tested it for about an hour - just doing as much silly stuff as possible and there have been no problems.

Cheers davex
    SC | MC

So do we use the standard tech tools tsi?
    2 Technics SL1210mk2/DDJSX2/Serato//Traktor//Mixvibes Cross//Rekordbox//

Tech Convert

Talking like the firmware update

Hi all, did the 1.3.3. hires jogweel flash last night and all i can say is: Nice

Much more acurate pitching is what i have been waiting for.
    (i hate the sync button )

Just fiddling with the rotary settings at the moment, but i can feel the difference in a good way so far ... scratching seems to sound better too.

Great work Dave!

Using 3.5.2 tsi
    Set the hires settings recomended bij DaveX in tsi

(TP 1.2.6|W7 X64|M-Audio FTPro|VCI-100-Arcade self mod SE)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    scratching seems to sound better too.
    Yeah I was messing around scratching the other night and it was responding as fast as I could move my hand, no latency at all either
    SC | MC

Can some one post up the tsi that they have done that goes with this FW upgrade?

That'd be sweet.

mx
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

or post the dj tt 3.5.2 mapping with the adjutments made already including the jog divider
    2 Technics SL1210mk2/DDJSX2/Serato//Traktor//Mixvibes Cross//Rekordbox//

Tech Convert

Default Here is my modified 3.5.2 tsi

Hey all,

Here is my 3.5.2 tsi with the settings changed for the hires pitch and jogweel.
    It's an export of all settings so you might just only want to import the controllers settings.

Cheers, Sharkie

(TP 1.2.6|W7 X64|M-Audio FTPro|VCI-100-Arcade self mod SE)

Tech Guru

AS ADVERTISED!!
    DaveX, you are my hero. Dude, please tell me how I can donate to the cause!

Flashed the 1.3.3 Hi-res jog version last night, remapped everything today. Sounds and works fantastic! Some button headaches worked out, simple filter knobs, killer scratching and beatmatching on the vci to boot. Very Impressed.

I'm using the tempo faders in relative mode, just had to dial in a good sensitivity and I've got +/- 3.0% at comfortable 0.02 bpm intervals. That works great for me, 'cause I use a coarse tempo modifier that gives me +/- 35% for big tempo changes.

As for scratching, what can I say? This firmware pulls a great performance out of the VCI-100. That little bump in resolution is really taking the sound to a new level. We knew it wasn't gonna be Itch, but man, you unleashed the beast that the VCI always had in it.

Really nice job
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 09-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

^^ Sweet!

Zac that sounds awesome. How well do the jogs work in comparison to Itch and the 300? Can you get away with simple scratches?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Okay I did it. Updated to DaveX's firmware. Loaded Sharkie's adjusted .tsi and everything works. I still have some issues with the mapping however.

My primary issue is with the pitch bend and the play button.

Pitch Bend issues:

No pitch bend in Scratch Mode: I don't remember if this was a problem with the DJTT .tsi before the firmware update or if the FW update affected this but I know that with DJTT's v.2 mappings I had pitch bend on the outside of the jog wheels with scratch on and now I don't.

Scratch Mode Off Pitch bend : In the DJTT v.2 mappings the outside of the jog wheel would give you +/- 1.2% pitch bend and the Touch plate was progressive. I really liked the way that worked as the outside of the wheel worked as a sort of bump forward/back for fine tuning the mix and if you needed a more dramactic move you use the touch plate. The newer mapping seems reversed and just doesn't have the same feel as it did before.

PLAY Button issue: In earlier versions (DJTT v2 mappings) the play button (when pressed while a track was playing) would return you to the last cue point used and continue playing. It now acts as a Play/Pause button which I don't care for. I have discovered that holding SHIFT while pressing it gets the desired action but this is not very user friendly (for my taste)

I just recently upgraded to the v3 mapping and so it is taking some getting used to as I have developed some habits with the older mappings. It looks like I may have to completely customize my own mapping because there are certain features of the DJTT mapping that I love but still I have some usability issues with parts of it and there are functions that I could care less about having (particularly Fader FX mode)
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic6857_2.gif
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro 15" Retina display
    Traktor Kontrol S4 MKI ----- Machine MKII Gold Edition
    AIAIAI TMA-1 headphones ----- GENELEC 8020B monitors with 8050B subwoofer