VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.3.1 available - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Presume DJTT are working on it
    Just to keep everyone updated, DJTT is working with DaveX on the new VCI-100 firmware and we are currently testing it and offering recommendations to him.

We are also planning on releasing an updated version of the latest VCI-100 tsi that will be compatible with the older firmware and DaveX's improved version. I am still waiting to hear back from DaveX regarding a few firmware changes but once we get everything figured out, I will have the mapping done shortly after and will let everyone know when it is ready for public consumption.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    So are you saying the the resolution of the jogs is a definite improvement?
    Yes, it's a marked improvement. I can't crab or flare for ish but the scratch sounds are more defined than with 1.3 firmware and actually sound like scratching. I'm not saying that we're all gonna be transforming like Jazzy Jeff but I personally believe it is possible to achieve this now.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Waiting for the final revision and I'll update.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

PLEASE include a log of the changes and what little changes to make to comply with the new firmware. I've spent ages (1 week actually) stealing bits and pieces here and there from various maps and am pretty close to how I want a 4 deck controller to be.
    Know thy music ...

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Just to keep everyone updated, DJTT is working with DaveX on the new VCI-100 firmware and we are currently testing it and offering recommendations to him.

We are also planning on releasing an updated version of the latest VCI-100 tsi that will be compatible with the older firmware and DaveX's improved version. I am still waiting to hear back from DaveX regarding a few firmware changes but once we get everything figured out, I will have the mapping done shortly after and will let everyone know when it is ready for public consumption.
    Will there be a step by step tutorial on how to upgrade from FW 1.3 to 1.3.1? I bought the VCI-100SE direct from DJ TT and therefore it already came with 1.3. Really looking forward to to using this. Can anyone confirm whether the Pitch Faders are accurate enough to use to Beatmatch? \

thanks
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Aerosol View Post
    ... Can anyone confirm whether the Pitch Faders are accurate enough to use to Beatmatch? \

Buddy, that's dependant on your skills. People have used crappy equipment which jumped about 1bpm each step of the pitch fader and still kept in time. Even with the Sync function on, you can still go out of phase and appear to be out of time so trust me, don't worry about the pitch faders and for what it's worth, despite the default 0.20+ bpm jumps, I was still doing fine manually beatmixing at my VCI-100's (1.3 firmware) first outing last Saturday. Most mixes were between 1 - 1.5 minutes. A bit of nudging here and there got things working perfectly (that's how it sounded like ). Nothing more or less than what I had to do when using timecode and the two bpms were exactly the same on both decks, to 2 decimal places.

ps. The only difference I noticed was that if you were way way out, it was harder to catch up than if you were using CDJs to do the controlling. Kind of like using turntables vs. CDJs. Perhaps there was a slight ramp down in speed once the jogwheel was released although the BPM display didn't indicate that. Who knows?
    Know thy music ...

Tech Mentor

+1 on the pitchfaders.i,e do they now move at better increments than 0.2

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    +1 on the pitchfaders.i,e do they now move at better increments than 0.2
    Whilst I'm not disputing the benefits of more sensitive pitch faders and would like this improvement, at the end of the day, those two short faders are still going to screw us.

I tried a mapping where the three buttons on the upper left allowed you to set the faders' sensitivity but at the expense of range. Pretty cool because you then got to get into exact tempo match up to 2 decimal places but you only had a few BPM to go each way. Pretty useful for house music though.

It's a compromise!
    Know thy music ...

I am aware that beatmatching is still possible with the current firmware without using Sync but by nudging the jog wheel same way you do on CDJ's. I currently only use Sync to match the BPM's due to it being virtually impossible to do with the VCI's current pitch faders. M query was how much better they are and seeing as though this is the most important feature on this new firmware its quiet a valid enquiry.

Whilst I am aware that it will never be the same as djing on CDj's my query was more referring to the pitch faders sensitivity in comparison to how it is at the moment with 1.3.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Aerosol View Post
    Will there be a step by step tutorial on how to upgrade from FW 1.3 to 1.3.1?
    The steps will be the same as going from 1.2 to 1.3.

You'll need this
    http://techtools.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

And to read these.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast