VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.3.1 available - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The Progen View Post
    Whilst I'm not disputing the benefits of more sensitive pitch faders and would like this improvement, at the end of the day, those two short faders are still going to screw us.

I tried a mapping where the three buttons on the upper left allowed you to set the faders' sensitivity but at the expense of range. Pretty cool because you then got to get into exact tempo match up to 2 decimal places but you only had a few BPM to go each way. Pretty useful for house music though.

It's a compromise!
    have you tried the new firmware version?does it provide better tempo functionality??.thanx

Not yet, calvin01, and not about to do so because I don't have the firmware update kit PLUS I've searched and worked pretty hard to get my 1.3 firmwared VCI-100 mapped to how I'd intuitively use it without having to think what's what AND I've got a gig coming up on Monday which I need to prove myself AND have fun at the same time.
    Know thy music ...

Tech Mentor

ok thanx for your insight.......
    Last edited by calvin01; 08-24-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Actually, i'm really wonderiing why it takes DJTT so long to approval the firmaware?

Really curious.. I mean..it's been a while now?!!

Dude, you do realize that every firmware change carries with it the risk that some new code may not be compatible with previous mappings or bring out some cranky bug lurking in the hardware. I believe the guys at TechTools are going to be real cautious with this since they weren't involved in its initial phase and will have to go through the mapping part by part. Also, since they're going to be standing behind whatever they release in the end, it being released as a DJTechTools endorsed / co-developed firmware, that's even more cause for caution, wouldn't you agree?

I should think the bare minimum's a month or two. Don't forget that besides going through the new firmware, they have to troubleshoot any problems they might find as well as rework any existing mappings to comply. Ain't going to be fun to have a worldful of VCI-SE owners banging on your door asking why are the new mappings inconsistent with the old overlays.
    Know thy music ...

Tech Student

this forum is full of inofficial djtt spokesmen? :P

for my part, i want to try out the new features and will soon purchase the firmware update module. all this reads so promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Aerosol View Post
    Will there be a step by step tutorial on how to upgrade from FW 1.3 to 1.3.1? Can anyone confirm whether the Pitch Faders are accurate enough to use to Beatmatch?
    As an official DJTT "spokesperson" here's the deal.

Yes, the pitch faders do show a substantial improvement in resolution; the minimum movement was 0.16 bpm in FW 1.3 and it is now 0.04 bpm in FW 1.3.3, making beat matching much better. There are also a number of other improvements like better jog wheel resolution, sync functionality, etc.

When we are completely satisfied testing the new firmware and the new mapping we will release it to the public. This will most likely be followed by an article on the blog explaining the firmware improvements, the updated mapping that utilizes the new firmware, and how to upgrade your VCI-100 to the new firmware.

The main reason this is taking some time (aside from thorough testing) is that we are trying to make the updated VCI-100 mapping compatible with all the different firmware versions out there (i.e., 1.2, 1.3, & 1.3.3+). This way we don't have multiple versions (for different firmwares) floating around which would inevitably cause more confusion. In order to do make the mapping functional we are working (with DaveX) on some further adjustments to the firmware.

We plan on being able to release the updated firmware/mapping hopefully within a few weeks and definitely within the upcoming month. I will keep everyone update if anything major changes.

Nice one Flashflooder. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Kudos to DaveX for making this happen.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

Smile

Looking forward to the release of the new mapping. I think everyone is just excited about the improvements and can't wait to try them out. All good things come to those that wait...
    Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.53Ghz 4Gb 250Gb, Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4, VCI-100SE Fw 1.4, TSI 3.6.0, Pro Xfader, Audio 4DJ, 2 x Technics 1210's, 2 x Timecode Vinyl

www.soundcloud.com/djdetta

@OP - this is insanely great! When this is tested and running on my VCI then I'll be wanting to donate too...

One other area I can see the VCI being improved over the stock firmwares is:

For buttons with 2 differently coloured LEDs in, allow the button to show 3 states:

OFF, COLOUR 1, COLOUR 2. Could be useful to show cue/loop points a la the NI S4 etc.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast