Getting into Bootloader mode for firmware update - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Convert

for those who are doing this and not seeing any results: keep trying! i was rearranging my paperclip parts for half an hour and had already given up on my mf. i think it actually worked when i did step 1-3, then NOT removed the reset jumper, but waited a minute and then removed the usb cable (with both jumpers still in their positions). then when i plugged the usb cable back in... i had never been so happy as i heard the windows 7 new-hardware-detected-sound. flashed the mf and everything was back to normal.

btw i had this problem after reassembling my midi fighter for changing the buttons, any ideas why it happened?

Tech Wizard

can u use paperclips for the wire thingy?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielriosrendon View Post
    can u use paperclips for the wire thingy?
    If they fit inside the holes yes you can
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Exclamation MF problems.. !!! please help

So ive been using my midi fighter for two weeks and recently Traktor mixed up my tsi. files.. now instead of Gater been on the bottom, it is now on the top.. also gater and all the other effects in the same row only work for deck B.

Whenn i try to change the effect panel to deck A , as soon as i press gater effect, it resets it back to deck B, this is really annoying because now my bottom row does not work and i cant have four banks mode enabled because then i would loose gater( wich is now on the top row) and all the other effects that used to be on the bottom row but now they are in the top... I have downloaded new mappings but my midi fighter still seems to be stuck like that.

I have tried to map it myself but somehow my four bottom buttons are not in the mapping, because they were replaced by the top ones....

I know this is very confusing..pardon my english.

S o if anyone could explain why this is happening i would really appreciate it.

Also i cant get my midi fighter to update......, "failure to find midifighter on bootloader mode"

Tech Wizard

somehow the bottom buttons ...who are mysteriously not mapped now..still light up?!!??!

as if it was working but still no effects are enabled on them

Check the order of FX in preferences.

Try to use the wire method to get into boot loader mode. If you have buttons there follow the same steps but press buttons instead of inserting wire.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17824
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

thx man i will see if it works... but there are some metal things in the holes of the reset and boot motherboard thing... so idk how i can do the wire method

Tech Wizard

i just noticed there is no holes... theyre covered??? and btw i tried the four corners and it still doesnt work.. it lights up but fails on the MFupdate application i tried 3 different computers now!!!

can i still do it if the holes are covered? and if so can you explain in detail...if you know spanish that would be so much better

Tech Convert

my mf did not have any holes either. what you gotta try is to break your paperclip, take a small piece of it and connect the terminals just as shown in the initial post. the holes are covered with metal, so you're still gonna be able to connect them.

you just lay your paperclip on top of the 2 boot spots and make sure it has a contact to both sides. then you plug in your usb cable to your midifighter and connect the two reset spots in the same way (while the mf is still plugged in). remove your cable again, then plug it back in.

try the update app now. if it didn't work, one of your two paperclips wasnt placed right. so you gotta be patient and repeat these steps over and over again. worked for me, good luck!

you're the second person I've seen reporting metal pieces in the holes. Can you take a picture so I know what your talking about?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast