Midifighter 3D in Maschine 2.2

Default Midifighter 3D in Maschine 2.2

Recently, I acquired a new MidiFighter 3D, and I love it. The main reason I wanted it was to be able to map it to Maschine 2.2 so I could use it as a shortcut for muting/soloing groups, but when I went into Maschine to make a custom mapping I couldnt figure out how. I was hoping to find a similar mapping function to the one in Ableton 9, where you click the midi button in the software, then click what you want to map, then press your desired button/knob on your controller.

Does anyone know how to custom map a Midifighter 3D in Maschine to mute/solo groups?

Tech Wizard

I don't think there is a way to directly control the solo/mute in Maschine. But you could midi map a plugin on each group, and mute the groups that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jackastro View Post
    I don't think there is a way to directly control the solo/mute in Maschine. But you could midi map a plugin on each group, and mute the groups that way.

Thats a brilliant idea, thanks!

What about launching patterns and scenes with the midifighter?

Default Possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by NeilDegrasseByson View Post
    Recently, I acquired a new MidiFighter 3D, and I love it. The main reason I wanted it was to be able to map it to Maschine 2.2 so I could use it as a shortcut for muting/soloing groups, but when I went into Maschine to make a custom mapping I couldnt figure out how. I was hoping to find a similar mapping function to the one in Ableton 9, where you click the midi button in the software, then click what you want to map, then press your desired button/knob on your controller.

Does anyone know how to custom map a Midifighter 3D in Maschine to mute/solo groups?
    You have several options. I am using a QuNeo and MF3D without the Maschine hardware and have had quite a few Maschine heads say it beats a Mikro. You can use the side buttons, bank buttons or actual main button. Maschine templates for my Neo control this function so use midi monitoring software to get the Cc it is sending or if that doesn't work you can always check the maschine hardware manual to see which CC it is sending.