Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 4
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Someone please help me, I've been trying all day to get this to work but I can't get the play button to play my tracks with this TSI installed. By fiddling with various buttons I can get it to play a short burst of the track but I cannot get it to just play a track continuously. I also cannot get my headphone cue buttons to work. If anyone can assist I would really appreciate it.
    are your tracks playing fine when vci is off?
    did you try to load the tsi several times?
    are u sure its not your soundcard settings? (Audio latency)

Tech Mentor

Yes, I've tried all these things but no success. If I fiddle about I can get a track to play for a second and then it stops when I take my finger off. I'm sure it's something to do with the TSI, but I haven't a clue how to change it so I can make my play button actually play the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    are your tracks playing fine when vci is off?
    did you try to load the tsi several times?
    are u sure its not your soundcard settings? (Audio latency)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Yes, I've tried all these things but no success. If I fiddle about I can get a track to play for a second and then it stops when I take my finger off. I'm sure it's something to do with the TSI, but I haven't a clue how to change it so I can make my play button actually play the track.
    do you have vci in vci out selected?

Default 1.4 firmware kit

Guys is this firmware chip the same as i purchased for the 1.3 upgrade?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It sounds like your play is acting like a cue. Just to confirm your play button is the one to the far right on each side, correct? Does it work with the old tsi?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Slackman25 View Post
    Guys is this firmware chip the same as i purchased for the 1.3 upgrade?
    Yes
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

Smile List of changes & midi messages

Thanks for your support guys!

I'm happy it was possible to adapt the DJTT mapping to support this new firmware, but for those using their own mapping, here's a list of all the changes changes since firmware 1.3.

Time for me to reassemble the unit and start mixing!

VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.4 by DaveX
    ==========================================

After long hours of reverse-engineering, here's an improved firmware for your VCI!

New features
    ============
    - 4x pitch faders resolutions
    - 4x jog wheel resolution
    - All the buttons under the jog wheels can now be lit using MIDI out messages
    - Left sync button is now mapped to note G-8 (73 hex) and behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle) (LED is still mapped to note A#4, 46 hex)
    - Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC message only (unlike 1.3 firmware)
    - A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
    - Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)

Usage
    =====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
    instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button

Bonus #1
    ========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
    ========

Nobody on the dancefloor ? Boot your VCI in easter egg mode and beat the hidden game to enter the "Disco Mode" and see the crowd jumpin' in the air!!

That works only with 1.4 firmware of course, VCI will get detected by computer once Disco Mode is activated so you may use it "as usual". Hint: same trigger as factory test mode but with different buttons
    Last edited by DaveX; 09-20-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveX View Post
    Bonus #1
    ========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
    ========
    What I call the buttons or knobs are what they're called in the current overlay.

After you get into test mode you'll see left deck slice is lit. Press it and echo lights up keep pressing and the next button lights up. Go through the series you'll get to faders staring with the cross fader. As you move it all of the bottom buttons will light up as you move the fader back and forth. The rest of the faders and knobs go in this order:

left volume fader
    Right volume fader
    left pitch fader
    Left EQ high
    Left EQ mid
    Left EQ Low
    Left Filter
    eft gain
    Mix Level
    Right gain
    Level
    Right EQ high
    Right EQ mid
    Right EQ lo
    Right filter
    A knob
    B knob
    C knob
    D knob
    Right pitch fader
    Volume
    Glitch
    Len

I can't figure out the next bit. It seems you press a few lit buttons and then you get to the jog wheels. I don't see what your testing between len and when you get to the jog wheels. When your done just turn it off and back on again.
    Chris Jennings FHP

any way i could get a different .tsi such as the previous overlay in the video below that is compatibe with firmware 1.4? i am still using this mapping i like it the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79ae6fkM

Tech Convert

Default Dave is the man

When I say go you say Dave....go Dave...go Dave...go Dave!!! Thanks to this website and all the staff and community.....the VCI is looking like the best investment of my life!!!! Keep up the great work...just ordered my Firmware upgrade kit today!!!

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast