Cut Price Soundcard Steal?
    Tech Wizard

Default Cut Price Soundcard Steal?

Hey folks, moved from ableton to traktor recently (using apc20/40, xone 1+2d) and having just downsized to an Ohm64 controller that fits my needs better I'm looking to buy a smaller soundcard since I only need master out and headphone monitoring.

I was initially looking at the NI Audio 2 DJ because it was bus powered and was the same quality parts and sound level as its bigger brothers. I popped down to Red Dog (UK), and they advised me they didn't have it but they had Guitar rig session on sale for the same price because it's discounted (£79.99) and that it had 2 stereo outs and would meet my needs.

http://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/Compute...cturers_id=145

I'm guessing the inputs double up as outputs and this wouldn't affect sound quality? Its still a good bit smaller than the 2d I don't need and the volume knobs look to be better quality.

Just looking for some opinions on whether this is going to best meet my needs and whether it really is a good deal or if I'm best to just go with the A2DJ?

Thanks!
    -Tom

P.s I'll get a tsi uploaded for the ohm64 when I'm done if anyone's interested, I'm knee deep in modifiers just now...

I think the guitar rig is probably more than you need mate. I would go for the audio 2, but if you can get the GR for the same price right now, go for it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I see it say 2 line outputs, not "2 stereo Cirrus-Logic-converter ultra loud" output.
    You better triple check that.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Wizard

Thanks man, any idea if the inputs do work as outputs? I'm not too hot on soundcards and I don't see it mentioned anywhere?

No, I most certainly doubt that. (semi)Professional audio hardware does(/should) not give double-meaning to connectors. And it probably is not as loud as DJ line of soundcards.

But, to be honest, I did not have any GuitarRigSession soundcards in my hands so there is just a slight chance I might be wrong.

Fun fact: if you really want to fuck-up your audio life, buy MAudio Fast Track Pro

Tech Wizard

Ha cheers mate, I think I'll just go for the A2DJ, I'm prob not gonna use the volume knobs that much since I'm midi mapping the traktor master and monitor levels. Found this on the NI website:

"Amazing sound quality is guaranteed with super high-end Cirrus Logic® AD/DA converters. Ultra low-latency drivers, hi-gain output levels"

&

"...its two stereo outputs plus the ultra-loud output level"

Just seen Ean Golding say it might even be louder than the a4dj and the a8dj!

I know what you mean though man, I thought it sounded too good to be true, I remember when I bought my first card I could only afford a Numark IO or Torq connectiv n that wasn't much different in price! Yeah seen some mixed reviews bout the fast track, soft people seem to swear by them though?!

..only problem is, if its shaped like a pack of smokes, digging round in my bag at the end of a long night I might get my hopes up!

Cheers

I had just about enough trouble with FTPro: http://tos.network.in.rs/pages/posts...k-problem6.php

Great little card the audio 2 but if you are the type of person that loses his cellphone all the time i'd go for the big brother, as the A2 is bloody tiny lol.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "