HELP: Accessibility Question from a Blind DJ, b3nz0n8 relay for Tango 179-N.I. Forum - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Tango check out this link to a torq forum.

http://www.torq-dj.com/forum/viewtop...=16334&start=0

Your not the only one out there. I would almost think you started that one also because these threads are so identical.

Their solution:

calkutta to Eelos (blind)

"welcome man,
    listen, i have a blind friend who i have taught how to use the x-ponent,it took about 2 weeks of tweaking,then after that,he knows it better than i do.the x-ponent is very intuitive,like the other post mention,the screen is pretty much 90% at your finger tips.and,you can "change" certain parameters to be even more cohesive.also,the machine you mentioned should be just fine for torq.
    regardless of torqs paradigm,you will need someone with you the first few times you use it,and that person has to know torq well to explain it to you.this forum is a gentleman's forum and we all help each other all the time.when you go purchase the x-ponent,hopefully the guys that work there will help you,if not,you got us.somebody somewhere in this forum probably lives near you,and you two can sit and learn the workings and ins and outs.best of luck,its way possible,again,i've taught it to someone in your exact situation.
    keep us all posted,
    calkutta
    p.s. i ended up giving him my x-ponent and bought connective,i will eventually buy another.again,any questions,these guys here are the real deal,and truly enjoy helping one another.cheers yo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hltrVYgnUR4
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 11-27-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Stay away from Torq though mate... Trust me I used it for a year

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Stay away from Torq though mate... Trust me I used it for a year
    I didn't intend on having my last post on promoting Torq. Obviously Torq and the Xponent are sub pair nowadays to say the least. Frankly there isn't a lot of resources out there for a topic like this. I think he would appreciate anything that relates.
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 11-27-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    I didn't intend on having my last post on promoting Torq. Frankly there isn't a lot of resources out there for a topic like this. I think he would appreciate anything that relates.
    I understand, I am just merely stating that he should stay away from torq, not saying to not reach out to the people on those forums

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    I understand, I am just merely stating that he should stay away from torq, not saying to not reach out to the people on those forums
    No! He may only talk to us! I hit you because I love you! lol

Tech Mentor

Hey deviantdigi you are right to think that was me posting on the Torq forums. I made that post when I first started looking into software options. I decided against Torq though, it didn't give me what I wanted however after alot of research Traktor does, so I am quite determined to make it work for me. I can't belive that I used the same post title though... lol anyway back to topic.

I have been using the Traktor Pro demo and it has been great, answered most of my questions with some trial and error. The only ones it couldn't anser I have posted here and on NI because it resets all settings, collection ect each time I start it up... hence the focus mainly on the collection side of things.

LanceBlaise that sounds good I am in no rush to know the exact preference setting for the itunes library auto import just knowing it can be done is great. I would assume from your reply in a previous post the preference you are going to point out will also allow me to save my cue points ect while using itunes playlists since they will be imported into Traktor. Am I correct with this assumption?

PS I would have replyed earlier today but I couldn't log in for some reason the site kept logging me out as soon as I logged in but seems to be working fine now. **fingers crossed**

Default Hey Tango179...b3nz0n8 here

The Community here is pretty much the best, really. I'm glad you're part of DJTT and I hope you'll visit often.

Very intelligent and extremely knowledgeable friends here with amazing insight.

I'll try and catch up with you soon. I was reading another thread earlier about Traktor Pro on sale at $99.99, but I need to check if that is the upgrade or full license. I think it was in the Black Friday thread, so I'll link it over here when I run across it. If it is $99.99, it may be this weekend only, so I'll make it quick and link it out.

If anyone else may know about the $99.99 Traktor Pro, upgrade or is this the full license?

Thanks in advance, ~b3nz0n8

Tech Guru

Have you got the playlist problem sorted?

Preferences > File Management > Import Folders At Start Up. This will update your collection according to what is changed in iTunes.

I don't know if you know, but Traktor has to Analise each track to get the BPM etc. and it usually take a few seconds. If I couldn't see the the visual progress bar at the bottom. Not knowing when it would finish that would definably throw off my syncing. I would suggest you enable Analise the tracks on import which is also in File Management.

Itunes,
    Preferences > Data Location. Leave Root Dir alone! Where it states itunes music library make sure it has the proper directory. It should be configured already if you haven't moved your Itunes music directory. Even though you did the previous step, you still have to select itunes from the "tree". But the Itunes in the tree is located not in the explorer, like it should be, its located underneath "Audio recordings" by default. If you scroll the tree all the way down, you should see it. Second option up, from the very bottom.

I wish I could check on playlists, but since I don't purchase from itunes. Traktor won't allow me to open the folder itself to see if there is an actual Playlist there.

Finger still crossed ,
    -Digi

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    No! He may only talk to us! I hit you because I love you! lol

Hey digi, what's up!
    Last edited by photojojo; 05-03-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Tech Guru

I have tried it before and could not do it, perhaps others know a way to do it. But - when you load songs from the Itunes folder it will not store the cue points in the track. Those are stored in the collection file. So you would have to sort your songs in Itunes then when you open Traktor Import the playlist you created in Itunes to you collection and load your songs from there. I have not tried it, but under my configuration my “playlists” don’t automatically import into my collection each time I open up Traktor I have to choose which ones I want to import.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast