HELP: Accessibility Question from a Blind DJ, b3nz0n8 relay for Tango 179-N.I. Forum - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Alright thanks, I almost have the collection sorted out. I will use itunes to create my playlists. Use the import folder at start up to import my tracks into the collection with analyze at import selected.

This leaves me with what I hope is my last question. Since using the itunes folder will not allow me to save things like cue points, how can I import the playlists into traktors playlist folder with out using my mouse? I dont suppose there is a midi key option for this? LanceBlaise will the preference you were refering to put my itunes playlists into tractors collection and thus allow me to save my cue points, load markers ect?

Tech Guru

There isn't a specific key by default that will take you straight to your itunes library. Like I said previously its a scroll through type system.

Give me a day or two, I will try to whip up a custom mapping for the standard typing keyboard. I'll try to make your browser experience easier.

Do you have a midi controller Tango?

Thanks,
    -Digi

Tech Guru

I tried and failed within 10 minutes x.X.

First fails,
    Its not possible to map a specific tree folder to a key. The only option was to scroll. You would have to follow a step by step process to get to the actual playlists. For example: Open Traktor, Press Down, down, down, down, up, enter, right arrow, L, P. That was just to get to the playlists and the preview a track. Yeeesh!

2nd fails,
    I made some new playlists in itunes a total of 4. But Traktor only recognized 2 of the 4 that I had made. I made sure everything was configured properly.

Example of the itunes tree for me:
    Itunes (Expands)
    Library
    Music
    playlist 1
    playlist 2
    Recently added

With the 1st fails + the 2nd fails, I figured this is going to have so many variables to make an accurate setup and guide to working the browser accurately.

What I would suggest doing IS!

Have a friend help you with this btw. If your luckly enough to get your playlists to show up. Delete all the other unnecessary tree folders, leaving the itunes only. Preferably just the playlists if possible. To delete a tree folder right click it and there is a delete option, or it can be mapped in the controller options. But that way you could scroll as much as you want and you would fine. Just preview one of the tracks to see what genre etc. your on.

I do have some good news!

I set 8 cues on a track from one of the itunes playlists. Then restarted Traktor, loaded the same track back up and the all the cues were there, right where I left them No cue problems with the playlist for me.

Yikes!
    -Digi

Sorry, : [
    -Digi
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 11-28-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Tech Mentor

Thanks deviantdigiI wouldn't say your attempts have been failures, in fact they have provided me with the answers that I needed.

I will remove as many of the folders on the tree that I can to make finding what I need as quick and painless as possible.

Since you confirmed that I can save cue points on tracks in the itunes folder I will rely on that and get everything prepared before hand.

Thank you to everyone here that has helped answer my questions. At this point I have decided to go with Traktor Pro, now I just need to hit a few local retailers to look at some controllers to find a good hardware set up.

Default Hi Tango179

I noticed a thread somewhere on here this weekend that stated an online retailer selling Traktor Pro for $99.99 but I have been unable to confirm if this was the upgrade price or the price for a full license.

I'll did a quick google search and found it at this link at guitar center for $99.99, traktor pro full license with free shipping. You might also find it locally if you have one there. Here is the link to guitar centers Traktor Pro for $99.99 with free shipping.

Excellent people here and I'm glad you are finding what you need for your setup. Have a good week, b3nz0n8

Link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Native-I...?source=4WBING

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b3nz0n8 View Post
    I noticed a thread somewhere on here this weekend that stated an online retailer selling Traktor Pro for $99.99

Link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Native-I...?source=4WBING
    NI is having a 50% off sale till the end of December.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Hey, just thought I would give you an update.

I went to a local retailer today to take a look at the x1 and I was very impressed, it is now on my list of must haves. I was also able to pick up a copy of Traktor Pro since they were offering it for 50% off. Thanks again for all of the help, I now at least have my software!
    Last edited by Tango 179; 11-30-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango 179 View Post

I went to a local retailer today to take a look at the x1 and I was very impressed, it is now on my list of must haves. I was also able to pick up a copy of Traktor Pro since they were offering it for 50% off. Thanks again for all of the help, I now at least have my software!

Nice, glad to hear you are making some positive headway!!

Tech Guru

Nice man,
    If you need help you know where to find me. Good luck and have fun.

Tech Student

Tango, where are you based out of? Anywhere near NYC? Myself and Dubspot would be happy to help.

Hello and thank you to everyone here for helping me get closer to turning this dream into a reallity. Big thanks to b3nz0n8 for relaying my messages from NI and for connecting me to this amazing community.

Looks like all I have to do now is figure out how to remove tracks from Traktors collection to prevent the list from getting to long. If removal of tracks is a problem I would guess the search box via a hotkey will be my best friend. But if I decide to go with Itch instead the 1:1 read from the file folder would make things very easy. Time to do some research into Itch and weigh it against Traktor. If anyone has any insights or personal experience using either software that might be helpful I would value your input.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast