Stealth Traktor Pro - remapping work in progress
    Tech Mentor

Default Stealth Traktor Pro - ReMapping 4 Deck Mixer

Hiya

THE IDEA...
    So been working on giving the Stealth full 4 Deck control. Still some work today but thought I'd give anyone with Stealth the heads up. At the moment the idea is to turn the Stealth into a 4 Deck / 4 Channel Mixer - as i've got some MidiFighters on order to juggle with.

See below for link to mapping
    Last edited by kerr; 12-04-2010 at 03:52 PM.

I just finished remapping my stealth for 4 deck control and its working perfectly its great. I will be interested to see yours when you are finished to see what its like
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

Tech Mentor

hey aLderzz

I've been trying to upload the pdf version of the user guide but can't get it to work

Click thru to here and it will show all functions for the mapping
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...35185573192918

Let me know what you think dude? And definitely if i've missed anything you've come up with that works better

It seems quite complicated to me with the holding down of different buttons etc although that might just be me. What I done on mine was used the key buttons as shift keys where as the left key button would switch the controller to decks C/D which allows you to still use the kill switches on the eq's and the right key switches between effects racks 1/2 & 3/4.

The third shift key i have is the directory button which does what it usually does with regards to searching for tracks but also when engaged with the right hand shift key allows you to change all the effects on the deck and which effects rack is enabled.

Jog wheels search through the track only whilst they are paused, whilst they are playing they are disabled. Ive not come up with another use for them while tracks are playing yet, but you had some interesting things in your mapping i may try out.

Alot of the other features are the same like the looping, pitch control as dedicated deck C/D volume faders. My sync buttons give visual feedback as they blink to the bpm of the track currently playing(A/B) the LED's for tracks C/D are the small ones next to the volume faders.

This works perfectly for me but mapping your controller is all bout what works best for you. Give me a shout if you want me to upload my tsi. Are you going to upload yours so everyone can have a look?
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

Tech Student

Would you guys both mind posting your tsi's? That'd be SICK. And PS I can't figure out how to get my midifighter to work with my Stealth. I use Traktor Pro.

Thanks!

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21369

Thats the link for the thread with my latest tsi there.

If you want any help regarding the function of it fire me across a PM I would be more than happy to help.
    Last edited by aLderzz; 12-11-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

With your midifighter i dont have one but im sure you can just plug it in and import the tsi and it should be fine? Have you done that already?
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by aLderzz View Post
    With your midifighter i dont have one but im sure you can just plug it in and import the tsi and it should be fine? Have you done that already?
    @ DJR see ean's post on the front page about different import options dude and it'll work ok

@aLderzz "It seems quite complicated to me with the holding down of different buttons etc although that might just be me. What I done on mine was used the key buttons as shift keys where as the left key button would switch the controller to decks C/D which allows you to still use the kill switches on the eq's and the right key switches between effects racks 1/2 & 3/4."

yeah i know what you mean .. when you use it it is pretty quick n easy to hold and quickly get the things on off .. then i know too that the default is always decks A/B ... on the kills for c/d - as in the switch between them when you went back to using them for a/b even with soft takeover - i never could figure properly so decided on a best alternative = dedicated bass + treble/mid if needed .. i use Bass a lot more when mixing in i figured anyways

you hit it right on tho dude on the mapping front .. you gotta go with what works for you .. is cool forums like this are here cause otherwise i would've been lost doing this

here's the mapping ..

Tech Mentor

ps. is says Traktor 1.2.2 version but i'm sure i did an upgrade the other day to latest off NI site ... not sure what difference it makes but just in case

Tech Student

Hey guys,

I've been working hard on a kick-ass mapping for the Stealth Control, using Ean's VCI mapping as my inspiration. I've got the preset delay+echo button and a sampler working. I also have some beat juggling controls, and some custom sweeps. I ditched the slicer preset because I wasn't a fan, I still have the mapping file for it, however, so I will post that with my mapping v1.2. Im currently working on getting the fader fx up and running and will post the file as soon as its debugged. I would like some suggestions from you guys though.

Anything you would like to see mapped?

Good fx combo's you like to work with?

Any suggestions you might have please post!

Also, fyi there will be a four deck mod eventually, but I want to perfect the two deck, so thats gonna be v1.3 or 1.4. sorry 4-deckers, since i have a 4/8 bar sampler i pretty much stopped using decks c and d.

O by the way, when you engage beat juggling, the led's on the cue buttons light up with the beat, pretty sexy little feature.