VCI-100 + Turntable ?

Default VCI-100 + Turntable ?

Hello,

I am currently DJing with a VCI-100 1.2, DJ i/o sound card and a homemade numpad for cue points.

I was wondering if it was possible to hook up one turntable to that stuff, how to do it and if i have to buy a new soundcard to do so!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deezaster View Post
    Hello,

I am currently DJing with a VCI-100 1.2, DJ i/o sound card and a homemade numpad for cue points.

I was wondering if it was possible to hook up one turntable to that stuff, how to do it and if i have to buy a new soundcard to do so!

Thanks
    tank you

As in timecode control? You'll certainly need to buy timecode vinyl and a new soundcard, one with inputs with a phono preamp, such as the audio 4.

I can't see any reason why you couldn't continue to EQ internally (though I've not tried it myself with time vinyl) so if you're just mixing you could use the VCI-100 as a mixer.

However since you're only talking about one turntable I'm assuming that you intend to scratch with it so you'll most likely be wanting a quality 2 channel mixer with a nice crossfader rather than the VCI-100.

Actually now that I think about it it is perfectly possible to use one turntable to control multiple decks using timecode vinyl. You'd just have to set all the decks to one input and have buttons that switch between vinyl control and regular playback for each deck and juggle them about a bit.

it is indeed possible. I do it.

If you use Traktor and want to use a Turntable to control ....aka Timecode...you will need TSP and the Audio 4 at least.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Thanks a lot!