Soundcloud just froze my mixtape? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I say .... make some examples out of all these outlaw djs. As much as I love great mixes... If you dont have permission, then you are breaking the law fullstop. mabey a small 500$ fine is fair instead of going to the slammer.

people who use the crutch of its a common thing for labels to turn their eye to mix tapes... are just clueless to the law. blame the player, not the game

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    I say .... make some examples out of all these outlaw djs. As much as I love great mixes... If you dont have permission, then you are breaking the law fullstop. mabey a small 500$ fine is fair instead of going to the slammer.

people who use the crutch of its a common thing for labels to turn their eye to mix tapes... are just clueless to the law. blame the player, not the game
    So you are telling me that you have gained permission from every artist you have ever used on a mixtape? or that you are registered for PRS and make sure you pay the artist everytime you play a song anywhere commercially?

Sure you are, I'm Joan of Arc, nice to meet you Sir Galahad.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Mentor

Tony the Pony: If it is tolerated does not mean it is legal. If you think you are right and upload mixes to soundcloud or whatever in the web is ok and legal it is your problem. The fact it is that is ILLEGAL, no matter in which way you want to justify, And if frogstar does not upload the mixes he is not doing it illegal.That is the hipocrisy i am talking about many guys on the forum jump on someone because of the hack for the software because "it is illegal" and some of the hacks are not because are contained in the software, for better example see this tread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=21474&page=2
    To Photojojo: Again it is not legal because you think so now we are in the gray area.
    To finish this guys, just accept you are doing something illegal, maybe not dangerous and after that having a healthy discussion but if you insist that you are right and the others not having a legal subject in front of you it is not very clever.
    Whatever you say, your mixes are to going down because you are breaking an international and local law.
    I do not care what are you doing it with your illegal uploads, so do not prejudice someone elses opinions if you do not know the facts.
    Many countrys charge a fee to have the permission to be a dj in clubs because all of that copyright issue. Fair or not those are the rules and the law and for example, Prince does not allow anybody to remix his songs if he is not behind it or approved and that is a right of any artist with their work.
    So learn some tolerance guys

i dont know how relevant this is but while were on the topic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAj8NTzaEAA
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post

Most producers turn a blind eye (most don't even care, let alone turn a blind eye) as it is promotion of their records and their careeers.

This.

I messaged LA Riots after I put a sample of there Steve Aoki Paradise remix on my mixtape. They message me back stating they did not mind at all.

Seriously, I do not think producers (especially the bigger ones that make several grand a show) will care.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Back in the 90s.. I used to go to Specs music, buy a 10 pack of 90 minute tapes.. and make copies of a mix.. I would put a tracklisting, and hand them out. In 2004 I made a 50 hour continuous mixtape to back up all my dnb jungle breakcore records.. mainly just for myself to have some memories of the vinyl before putting them in storage. Did I make a track listing.. HELL NO... did I upload this mix... HELL NO.. have I given a dvd copy to a friend ..yes ..
    What am I doing currently with my mixes... keeping them on my ipod to listen to. Im more interested in making music now than I am djing. Just not my thing atm while transitioning from berlin to australia.

So ponyboy.. if your fantasy is to be a woman (joan of arc).. and to MEAT sir Galahad... thats also your right..

I presonally like to support artists.. not rip them off by not mentioning their name or getting their permission... Why cause grief for them to constantly be protecting their work?

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    I presonally like to support artists.. not rip them off by not mentioning their name or getting their permission... Why cause grief for them to constantly be protecting their work?
    So do I, and one of the ways to do that is to use their songs in mixes, thus spreading their work to a greater audience. Mind you I put full track listings when I upload something, so it's not like they aren't getting credit.

Also, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, a large part of copyright law exists for what appears to me to be the purpose of letting giant corporations suck us dry of even more money. Copyright law was initially created to INCREASE creativity and advancement, but now seems to be a massive for to make such things stagnant.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

"a large part of copyright law exists for what appears to me to be the purpose of letting giant corporations suck us dry of even more money". .[/QUOTE]
    So then you agree to cracked or hacked software?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    So do I, and one of the ways to do that is to use their songs in mixes, thus spreading their work to a greater audience. Mind you I put full track listings when I upload something, so it's not like they aren't getting credit.

Also, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, a large part of copyright law exists for what appears to me to be the purpose of letting giant corporations suck us dry of even more money. Copyright law was initially created to INCREASE creativity and advancement, but now seems to be a massive for to make such things stagnant.
    +1 on the tracklists. Mine always includes one too (and is, ironically enough, probably the reason it got taken down).

Yes, it may be illegal, and I wasn't even complaining about it - just asking if other users here had the same. But laws aren't there just because someone said to. They serve a certain purpose, and sometimes have to be revised.
    I of course agree that artists have to be supported, and DJ's should buy their music and pay for licenses and stuff, but this doesn't seem to serve any reasonable purpose in my opinion. Labels don't lose any money out of these mixtapes, on the contrary, and artists get free promotion.

Of course, if certain artists, such as Prince, do not want their songs to be (re)mixed, that is their right. But most artists really don't mind people using their songs in mixtapes.

Edit: and can people stop using the software comparison? How is it not obvious that this is something different?

just putting it out there that if it wasnt for mixes and accompanying tracklists i would have never heard of hardstyle, hardcore, DnB, gabber, or dubstep

and now a days thats ALL i listen to and mix.

EDIT: in other words, think of how many other people got into the scene like that? would dubstep be anything at all if it wasnt for random tidbits they heard?

i mention dubstep only because its youngest out of the group. but the same could go for any kind of not top 40 pop music because that gets shoved down out throats anyway.
    Last edited by theory28; 12-23-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast